|Name of qualification||Name of qualification: Suhozidar/suhozidarkaAdd to comparison|
|Translated title (no legal status)||Translated title: Dry stone waller|
|Type of qualification||Type of qualification: National vocational qualification, SQF level 3|
|Category of qualification||Category of qualification: Vocational Qualification|
Engineering, manufacturing and construction
|ISCED subfield||subfield: building and civil engineering|
Candidates will be able to:
- ensure quality and a financially positive outcome of their work
- and products, while observing the principles of rational use of material,
- plan their work in accordance with local characteristics and cultural heritage in dry stone construction,
- assess the state of stone in nature and select stone with regard to its characteristics and the function it will fulfil in the structure being built,
- prepare the foundations of a dry stone structure, taking into account the specific characteristics of the terrain,
- build dry stone structures in accordance with accompanying project documentation, using hand tools and machines for the preparation of stone, taking into account requirements to preserve original cultural heritage,
- maintain stone structures and give instructions for their maintenance,
- erect scaffolding for the work being undertaken in accordance with plans,
- conserve and develop cultural heritage in the field of dry stone structures in accordance with local characteristics,
- work in such a way as not to endanger their own health and safety or those of others in their working environment or pollute the environment,
- in communication with the various stakeholders they encounter in their work, observe business ethics.
Verification and assessment are carried out by committees for the verification and validation of national vocational qualifications, appointed by the National Examination Centre (NEC). Committee members must be licensed by the National Examination Centre. Licences may be found here.
During the guidance process the candidate prepares a portfolio, which a committee then assesses, validating catalogue content in part or in full. If the committee is unable to validate all contents of the catalogue, it assigns tasks to the candidate for verification.
Candidates complete a practical assignment in the field or in a simulated situation to demonstrate their proficiency in the required vocational competences according to the requirements of the occupational standard and technical documentation. The completion of the practical assignment is accompanied by an oral presentation.
The Career path tab shows the possible career path within the selected qualification area, which is not the only one and is not mandatory. The actual transition between qualifications, which is determined by law, is defined in the Transition tab.
SQF 4 / EQF 4
SQF 7 / EQF 6
Candidates demonstrate attainment of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the catalogue of standards of vocational knowledge and skills.
Providers of procedures for identifying and validating NVQs are entered in a register of providers maintained in the collection of the national information centre for vocational qualifications. These are: vocational schools, businesses, B2B training centres, adult education centres and chambers of commerce.
Currently no providers.
URLAwarding body URL:
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework Brdo Congress Centre, Predoslje 39, 4000...