|Name of qualification||Name of qualification: Skodlar/skodlarkaAdd to comparison|
|Translated title (no legal status)||Translated title: Shingler|
|Type of qualification||Type of qualification: National vocational qualification, SQF level 4|
|Category of qualification||Category of qualification: Vocational Qualification|
Three years' work experience, demonstrated by proof of works carried out in the field of covering roofs with shingles or boards.
Engineering, manufacturing and construction
|ISCED subfield||subfield: building and civil engineering|
Candidates will be able to:
- plan their work in accordance with local characteristics regarding wooden roofing materials,
- ensure the quality and at the same time the financial efficiency of their work and products while observing the principles of rational use of material,
- work in such a way as not to endanger themselves or others in their working environment or pollute the environment,
- in communication with the various stakeholders they encounter in their work, observe business ethics,
- conserve and develop cultural heritage in accordance with local characteristics,
- select a tree type and prepare wood for the manufacture of shingles or boards,
- make shingles and boards destined for roofing,
- prepare the roof structure for the laying of shingles or boards,
- cover a roof structure with shingles and sawn boards, make and install a wooden gutter and fit a roof,
- maintain roof coverings made of shingles or sawn boards,
- control and check quality of wooden roof structures.
Verification and assessment are carried out by committees for the verification and validation of national vocational qualifications, appointed by the National Examination Centre (NEC). Committee members must be licensed by the National Examination Centre. Licences may be found here.
During the guidance process the candidate prepares a portfolio, which is assessed by a committee. If the portfolio submitted by the candidate contains authentic, valid and adequate proof of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the occupational standard, the committee may:
- validate the contents of the occupational standard in full,
- validate the contents of the occupational standard in part and define the knowledge, skills and competence to be verified,
- refuse to validate any of the contents of the occupational standard because the candidate has not provided proof of any of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the occupational standard, in which case it will verify the occupational standard in full.
Candidates complete a practical assignment to demonstrate their mastery of the required vocational competences according to the requirements of the occupational standard and technical documentation. The practical assignment may be accompanied by an oral presentation.
The Career path tab shows the possible career path within the selected qualification area, which is not the only one and is not mandatory. The actual transition between qualifications, which is determined by law, is defined in the Transition tab.
SQF 5 / EQF 4
SQF 7 / EQF 6
Candidates demonstrate attainment of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the catalogue of standards of vocational knowledge and skills.
Providers of procedures for identifying and validating NVQs are entered in a register of providers maintained in the collection of the national information centre for vocational qualifications. These are: vocational schools, businesses, B2B training centres, adult education centres and chambers of commerce.
Currently no providers.
URLAwarding body URL:
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework Brdo Congress Centre, Predoslje 39, 4000...