Doktor znanosti/doktorica znanosti s področja grajenega okolja
|Name of qualification||Name of qualification: Doktor znanosti/doktorica znanosti s področja grajenega okoljaAdd to comparison|
|Translated title (no legal status)||Translated title: Doctorate in the field of Engineering in Built Environment|
|Type of qualification||Type of qualification: Doctorate|
|Category of qualification||Category of qualification: Educational Qualification|
|Type of education||Type of education: Doctoral education|
Duration of education:
|Credits||Credits: 180 credits|
Engineering, manufacturing and construction
|ISCED subfield||subfield: building and civil engineering|
Students will be able to:
- carry out creative and independent research,
- address the scientific problems of future employers,
- deal with a research problem using the latest scientific methods,
- critically assess research results,
- develop new research methods,
- transfer new technologies and knowledge into practice,
- research and resolve complex professional problems,
- demonstrate mastery of knowledge in the field of scientific methods and procedures,
- demonstrate understanding and critical judgement in the addressing of difficult and complex research questions.
Examination performance is graded as follows: 10 (excellent); 9 (very good: above-average knowledge but with some mistakes); 8 (very good: solid results); 7 (good); 6 (adequate: knowledge satisfies minimum criteria); 5–1 (inadequate). In order to pass an examination, a candidate must achieve a grade between adequate (6) and excellent (10).
In order to progress from the first year to the second year, doctoral candidates must have completed course units amounting to at least 45 credits.
Candidates who have completed all taught course units from the first and second years and whose doctoral dissertation topic has been approved by the Senate of the University of Ljubljana may enrol in the third year.
In order to complete the programme, candidates must successfully complete all course units defined by the programme and successfully defend a doctoral dissertation. Doctoral candidates must publish at least one scholarly article in the field of their doctorate in a journal indexed by the SCI or SSCI. The scholarly article must be published or accepted for publication before the defence of the doctoral dissertation.
University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Civil and Geodetic Engineering and Faculty of Natural Sciences and Engineering
URLAwarding body URL:
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework Brdo Congress Centre, Predoslje 39, 4000...