|Name of qualification||
Name of qualificationZidar/zidarkaAdd to comparison
|Translated title (no legal status)||
|Type of qualification||
Type of qualificationUpper secondary vocational education
|Category of qualification||
Category of qualificationEducational Qualification
|Type of education||
Type of educationUpper secondary vocational education
Duration of education
Engineering, manufacturing and construction
SQF LevelSQF 4
EQF LevelEQF 4
Certificate-holders will be able to:
- use technical documentation to carry out bricklaying work and transfer dimensions and elevations from a plan to a structure,
- build walls of various thicknesses using brick, modular blocks and stone, using typical brick joints,
- build columns, steps, chimneys, arches and cornices using various materials,
- make interior and exterior plasterwork by hand and by machine,
- erect modern formwork and make simple traditional shuttering and lay rebar in shuttering,
- make concrete mixtures and build them into load-bearing and non-load-bearing concrete and reinforced concrete structures,
- build in materials for thermal and acoustic insulation, waterproofing and fireproofing,
- pave surfaces with brick, concrete and stone elements,
- make rational use of materials, equipment, energy and time,
- observe the principles of health protection, safety at work and protection of the environment,
- carry out construction work during installation and bricklaying work and during building renovations,
- carry out earthmoving work using tools and heavy construction machinery, and basic maintenance of such machinery,
- correctly install waterproofing and thermal and acoustic insulation and use appropriate materials,
- carry out basic stonecutting operations by hand,
- handle light construction machinery to carry out less complex demolition work, transport and construction work on building sites and in construction plants,
- process, install and protect elements and make simple wooden structures using traditional carpentry joints,
- prepare surfaces and materials and lay ceramic tiles on simple internal and external surfaces and apply grouting,
- use a forklift,
- carry out roofing work using different roofing materials on simple roofs,
- erect and dismantle various types of prefabricated scaffolding and maintain the component parts of prefabricated scaffolding.
Certificate holders build on their key vocational knowledge and abilities with key general knowledge in line with national standards.
Assessment and completion
Assesment and completion
Students' vocational abilities and skills, and the fulfilment of conditions to obtain credits in accordance with the relevant education programme are established through verification and assessment. Assessment of students also takes into account non-formally acquired knowledge, which must be adequately demonstrated. Students are assessed using scores from 5 (excellent) to 1 (inadequate).
Students may progress to the next year if at the end of the academic year they achieve a passing grade in all subjects and modules set out in the school's operational curriculum for the year and have completed all the requirements of accepted contents of extracurricular activities and all work placement requirements, or progress on the basis of a decision by the programme's teaching staff.
Secondary technical and vocational education; master craftsman's examination, foreman's examination and managerial examination (SQF level 5)
Condition for obtaining certificate
Conditions for obtaining a public document
Students must successfully complete general education subjects, compulsory vocational modules, elective vocational modules and the open part of the curriculum. They must also complete extracurricular activities and work placement requirements and pass a school-leaving examination.
The school-leaving examination comprises a written and oral examination in Slovene, a product/service and an oral presentation.
Vocational and technical secondary schools and adult education institutions.
Awarding body URL
Introductory International Conference: Monitoring the Implementation of the Slovenian Qualifications Framework
Slovenian National Coordination Point for EQF in cooperation with the European Center for the Development of Vocational...