The Government of the Republic of Slovenia appointed the Steering Committee for the elaboration of the National Qualifications Framework in accordance with the European Qualifications Framework on its 63rd session held on 14 January 2010. The Steering Committee has formal decision making powers when it comes to the development of the SQF.
Its basic tasks are:
- appointing the National Coordination Point in accordance with the Recommendation on the European Qualifications Framework;
- preparing the Strategy and referencing procedures of Slovenian qualification levels to the European Qualifications Framework in line with relevant criteria;
- drafting positions for the Consultation Group within the European Commission;
- approving expert groundwork with the view to set up the Slovenian Qualifications Framework;
- drafting guidelines to implementation groups and preparing substantive groundwork for the commitment of earmarked funds from the ESS;
- monitoring the process of the establishment of the Slovenian Qualifications Framework and providing for referencing of individual qualification standards.
The Steering Committee consists of the representatives from:
- Ministry of Education, Science and Sport;
- Ministry of Labour, Family and Social Affairs;
- Institute of the Republic of Slovenia for Vocational Education and Training (CPI);
- Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Slovenia;
- Chamber of Craft and Small Business of Slovenia;
- Association of Employers in Small business and Craft;
- Slovenian Association of Free Trade Unions;
- Statistical Office of the Republic of Slovenia;
- Student Organization of Slovenia;
- School Student Organization of Slovenia.