In October 2009, the Institute of the Republic of Slovenia for Vocational Education and Training (CPI) was at the initiative of the European Commission appointed as the SQF-EQF National Coordination Point, thereby starting to realize the Recommendations of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 April 2008 on the establishment of the European Qualifications Framework for lifelong learning. Its activities are meaningfully combined with the Slovenian Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (NAKVIS).
The NCP EQF represents the link between the European Commission and the Member State in the implementation of the EQF initiative. It carries out many tasks related to cooperation with the European Commission and national stakeholders in promoting and implementing the EQF initiative and SQF in Slovenia in the EU; prepares professional materials, etc. The main objective of the NCP is to improve transparency of qualifications system in Slovenia.
Tasks of National Coordination Point
The Slovenian Qualifications Framework Act (SQFA, Official Gazette, No 104/15) defined the tasks of the NCP SQF-EQF, which are intended to support various target groups (employers, employees, students and training providers):
- Development and implementation of SQF
- takes care of the development of SQF and its referencing EQF;
- provides access to information about SQF, EQF and QF-EHEA on its website;
- leads the process of referencing SQF to the EQF;
- issues certificates of SQF and EQF levels for NVQs;
- informs the Slovenian public and promotes SQF and EQF.
- SQF Qualifications Register
- publishes the SQF Qualifications Register on its website;
- maintains the SQF Qualifications Register and links to the EQF Portal.
- Supplementary Qualifications
- leads the process of referencing supplementary qualifications in the SQF;
- professionally and administratively supports the work of the NCP EQF Expert Commission.
- Cooperation with the EQF national contact point network.
Head of Department for Vocational Qualification Development
phone: +386 1 58 64 249
tel: +386 1 58 64 244