|Name of qualification||Name of qualification: Klepar-krovec/kleparka-krovkaAdd to comparison|
|Translated title (no legal status)||Translated title: Tinsmith-Roofer|
|Type of qualification||Type of qualification: Upper secondary vocational education|
|Category of qualification||Category of qualification: Educational Qualification|
|Type of education||Type of education: Upper secondary vocational education|
Duration of education:
|Credits||Credits: 180 credits|
Engineering, manufacturing and construction
|ISCED subfield||subfield: building and civil engineering|
Certificate-holders will be able to:
- use hand tools and machines to process, form and join thin sheets of metal,
- design and manufacture various sheet-metal products and correctly and safely install components,
- use or select shapes, materials, roofing techniques and elements of roof structures and roofing materials made from natural or man-made materials,
- create roof details and cover roofs with various roofing materials,
- use technologies and technological procedures to fabricate, assemble, protect and maintain structures and the components of structures,
- select and implement a technological procedure for processing, forming or joining materials with regard to the type of material and the purpose of use,
- carry out basic methods of cutting, mechanical working of materials and corrosion protection procedures,
- prepare weld seams and clean the welding surface with regard to the requirements of welding processes and carry out visual checks and measurements of the elements to be welded,
- use technical and technological documentation, technical regulations and standards, technical drawings and manufacturers' instructions,
- use the measuring and control devices, tools and machines that are used in the manufacture and assembly of structures,
- implement and provide for measures for occupational health and safety, environmental protection, fire safety and accident prevention,
- demonstrate a positive attitude towards measures to reduce pollution and improve protection of the environment,
- apply judgement on the rational use of energy, use of energy sources and waste management,
- cooperate in a group and communicate in writing and orally with co-workers, experts and customers using basic professional terminology;
- use modern IT, work with resources, data and materials,
- apply entrepreneurial thinking, manage costs and calculations, and conduct themselves responsibly and in a social manner in the working environment,
- carry out basic oxyacetylene welding, soldering and glueing procedures on metal and non-metal materials,
- select suitable welding torches and filler materials and set welding parameters,
- make judgements on the use of special welding processes,
- assess the environmental justification of the use of individual types of machines, devices and welding processes.
Certificate holders build on their key vocational knowledge and abilities with key general knowledge in line with national standards.
Students' vocational abilities and skills, and the fulfilment of conditions to obtain credits in accordance with the relevant education programme are established through verification and assessment. Assessment of students also takes into account non-formally acquired knowledge, which must be adequately demonstrated. Students are assessed using scores from 5 (excellent) to 1 (inadequate).
Students may progress to the next year if at the end of the academic year they achieve passing grades in all general education subjects and relevant vocational modules set out in the school’s operational curriculum, and have completed all extracurricular activities and practical on-the-job training, or progress on the basis of a programme faculty decision.
The Career path tab shows the possible career path within the selected qualification area, which is not the only one and is not mandatory. The actual transition between qualifications, which is determined by law, is defined in the Transition tab.
SQF 5 / EQF 4
SQF 7 / EQF 6
Secondary technical, vocational or vocational-technical education; master craftsman/foreman/shop manager examination (SQF level 5)
Students must successfully complete general education subjects, compulsory vocational modules, elective vocational modules and the open part of the curriculum. They must also complete extracurricular activities and work placement requirements and pass a school-leaving examination.
The school-leaving examination comprises a written and oral examination in Slovene, a product/service and an oral presentation.
Vocational and technical secondary schools and adult education institutions.
URLAwarding body URL:
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework Brdo Congress Centre, Predoslje 39, 4000...