|Name of qualification||Name of qualification: Varnostnik/varnostnicaAdd to comparison|
|Translated title (no legal status)||Translated title: Security guard|
|Type of qualification||Type of qualification: National vocational qualification, SQF level 4|
|Category of qualification||Category of qualification: Vocational Qualification|
|ISCED subfield||subfield: protection of persons and property|
Candidates are able to:
- independently carry out the handover of services and monitor their work,
- perform security tasks and assignments for protecting people and property while considering the law, implementing regulations, professional standards, internal regulations, instructions of the employer and the requirements of the customer,
- identify safety risks and hazards and become familiar with procedures to prevent them according to the code of conduct of the profession,
- implement measures and other security means while respecting human rights and fundamental freedoms as well as ethical principles,
- protect people and property at points of sale,
- carry out interventions in the event of security events while following regulations,
- maintain order and safety of people and property at public events and public gatherings while following regulations,
- communicate with customers, the customer’s employees and clients and communicate efficiently in different life situations, crises and conflicts,
- use equipment, technical security systems and modern ICT according to the customer’s and the manufacturer’s instructions,
- ensure their safety and health, the safety of the environment and fire safety according to regulations and internal regulations.
Verification and assessment are carried out by committees for the verification and validation of national vocational qualifications, appointed by the National Examination Centre (NEC). Committee members must be licensed by the National Examination Centre. Licences may be found here.
During the guidance process the candidate prepares a portfolio, which is assessed by a committee. If the portfolio submitted by the candidate contains authentic, valid and adequate proof of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the occupational standard, the committee may:
- validate the contents of the occupational standard in full,
- validate the contents of the occupational standard in part and define the knowledge, skills and competence to be verified,
- refuse to validate any of the contents of the occupational standard because the candidate has not provided proof of any of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the occupational standard, in which case it will verify the occupational standard in full.
Written (60 min), oral and practical verification with an oral presentation.
The Career path tab shows the possible career path within the selected qualification area, which is not the only one and is not mandatory. The actual transition between qualifications, which is determined by law, is defined in the Transition tab.
SQF 5 / EQF 4
Candidates demonstrate attainment of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the catalogue of standards of vocational knowledge and skills.
Providers of procedures for identifying and validating national vocational qualifications are entered in a register of providers maintained in the relevant database of the National Reference Point for Occupational Qualifications. Providers include: vocational schools, companies, inter-company training centres, adult education centres, chambers of commerce, etc.
URLAwarding body URL:
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework Brdo Congress Centre, Predoslje 39, 4000...