|Name of qualification||Name of qualification: Policist/policistkaAdd to comparison|
|Translated title (no legal status)||Translated title: Police officer|
|Type of qualification||Type of qualification: Short cycle higher vocational diploma|
|Category of qualification||Category of qualification: Educational Qualification|
|Type of education||Type of education: Short cycle higher vocational education|
Duration of education:
|Credits||Credits: 120 credits|
|ISCED subfield||subfield: protection of persons and property|
Students will be able to:
- ensure the quality and efficiency of work in the working environment in accordance with the standards and rules of the profession;
- use modern ICT effectively in the planning and implementation of work tasks;
- demonstrate understanding of professional and ethical responsibility and ensure personal and organisational integrity;
- demonstrate awareness of the importance of continuing and lifelong education and impart knowledge;
- make rational use of energy, material and time;
- protect health and the environment and take responsibility for own safety and the safety of others;
- keep abreast of the development of the profession and transfer knowledge into the working environment.
(vocationally specific competences)
- protect and respect human rights and freedoms and make autonomous decisions during official actions (keeping in mind the rules of the profession, ethical principles and human dignity);
- autonomously lead police procedures and take responsibility for performing work well and for the work of others during performance of a joint task, which they lead until the end of the procedure;
- communicate with co-workers, customers, representatives of organisations, authorities and civil society in Slovene and at least one foreign language;
- protect life, personal safety and property and maintain public order;
- prevent, detect and investigate criminal offences and administrative offences, detect and detain the perpetrators of criminal offences and administrative offences and conduct offence proceedings;
- supervise and direct traffic on public and uncategorised roads destined for use by public traffic;
- supervise the national border and perform tasks in connection with the movement and residence of foreign nationals;
- protect specific persons, premises, structures and surroundings of buildings;
- process secret and personal data and other protected data of the police;
- take preventive action and provide advice to citizens (self-protective behaviour, safety, etc.);
- exercise police powers in a professional, lawful and effective manner.
Students' knowledge is assessed by means of practical exercises and seminar papers, and also via products, projects, performances, services, etc. and by examinations. Examination performance is graded as follows: 10 (excellent); 9 (very good: above-average knowledge but with some mistakes); 8 (very good: solid results); 7 (good); 6 (adequate: knowledge satisfies minimum criteria); 5–1 (inadequate). In order to pass an examination, a candidate must achieve a grade between adequate (6) and excellent (10).
Students may progress to the second year if they have successfully completed first-year modules, subjects and practical training (including practical classes, seminar papers, projects, examinations, etc.) totalling at least 45 credits, where all practical classes and practical training course units must be completed in full.
The Career path tab shows the possible career path within the selected qualification area, which is not the only one and is not mandatory. The actual transition between qualifications, which is determined by law, is defined in the Transition tab.
SQF 7 / EQF 6
First-cycle study programmes (SQF, level 7)
Diplomas are issued to students who complete all compulsory modules/subjects (110 credits), a freely elective subject (5 credits) and a bachelor's thesis (5 credits).
URLAwarding body URL:
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework Brdo Congress Centre, Predoslje 39, 4000...