Tehnik varovanja/tehnica varovanja
|Name of qualification||
Name of qualificationTehnik varovanja/tehnica varovanja Add to comparison
|Translated title (no legal status)||
Translated titleSecurity Technician
|Type of qualification||
Type of qualificationUpper secondary technical education
|Category of qualification||
Category of qualificationEducational Qualification
|Type of education||
Type of educationUpper secondary technical education
Duration of education
SQF LevelSQF 5
EQF LevelEQF 4
Certificate holders will be able to:
- assess security situations (threat assessment) and discreetly provide security in the field of the protection of property, persons and structures;
- prepare and draw up relevant documentation for the provision of a security service;
- provide advice on the addressing and elimination of security weaknesses and problems;
- use modern forms and methods of technical security such as protection of data, documentation, computer centres, production technologies;
- perform security and reception work in various institutions and environments (e.g. nursery school, school, hospital, theatre, old people's home);
- implement fire protection measures and take action in the event of fire, natural disaster or other disaster;
- use equipment, installations and other technical security devices and tools; alarms, fire safety and other security installations;
- plan technical security systems for structures, buildings, immovable property, movable objects; shops, areas of special security importance (courts, airports, stores of hazardous substances);
- implement simple procedures in the exercise of powers, use self-defence skills and physical force;
- provide urgent first aid;
- work in a group, establish contacts with people, communicate and resolve problems, work with data and material;
- act responsibly and ethically in relation to co-workers, partners and those with whom they are conducting procedures, and in particular in relation to the more vulnerable (disabled people, minors, pregnant women, elderly people);
- use modern information technology and consumer software in their professional field;
- establish a positive attitude towards measures to reduce threats to the national security system of the Republic of Slovenia;
- demonstrate understanding of the role of entrepreneurship, proficiency in costs and calculations and familiarity with the enterprise process, financial operations and business plans;
- economically distribute human resources, equipment and tools for safe work;
- autonomously plan security services and supervise and keep records on security guards, the state of installations and equipment for the work of security guards, taking into account basic human rights and regulations covering employment relationship;
- perform operator and organisation functions in a security control centre;
- install, configure and set up technical security systems and communications installations and create simple electronic subsystems;
- implement basic criminal investigation tactics, define criminal offences and file criminal complaints;
- plan implementation and protection of public gatherings and carry out interventions;
- organise and implement the transport of money and valuables and take action in the event of attack;
- provide supervision of drivers, vehicles, transport documentation and cargo in the carriage of dangerous goods, exceptional loads and perishable goods;
- safeguard data in information systems, online and in computer networks and use personnel identification software;
- carry out security interventions in accordance with a protection plan and the instructions of the security control centre.
Certificate holders build on their key vocational knowledge and abilities with key general knowledge in line with national standards.
Assessment and completion
Assesment and completion
Students' vocational abilities and skills and the fulfilment of conditions to obtain credits in accordance with the relevant education programme are established through verification and assessment. Assessment of students also takes into account non-formally acquired knowledge, which must be adequately demonstrated. Students are assessed using scores from 5 (excellent) to 1 (inadequate).
Matura/vocational course, higher vocational education (SQF level 6), professional higher education (SQF level 7) and academic higher education (SQF level 7)
Condition for obtaining certificate
Conditions for obtaining a public document
Students must successfully (i.e. with passing grades) complete general education subjects, compulsory and elective vocational modules, and the open part of the curriculum. They must also complete extracurricular activities work placement requirements and pass the vocational matura examination.
The vocational matura comprises a compulsory section (written and oral examinations in Slovene and healthcare) and an elective section (written and oral examination in a foreign language or mathematics, and a product/service with oral presentation).
Vocational and technical secondary schools and adult education institutions.
Awarding body URL
Introductory International Conference: Monitoring the Implementation of the Slovenian Qualifications Framework
Slovenian National Coordination Point for EQF in cooperation with the European Center for the Development of Vocational...