Diplomant latinskega jezika, književnosti in kulture (un) in …/diplomantka latinskega jezika, književnosti in kulture (un) in …
|Name of qualification||
Name of qualificationDiplomant latinskega jezika, književnosti in kulture (un) in …/diplomantka latinskega jezika, književnosti in kulture (un) in …Add to comparison
|Translated title (no legal status)||
Translated titleBachelor's degree in Latin language, literature and culture and ...
|Type of qualification||
Type of qualificationAcademic bachelor's degree
|Category of qualification||
Category of qualificationEducational Qualification
|Type of education||
Type of educationAcademic bachelor's education
Duration of education
Arts and humanities
SQF LevelSQF 7
EQF LevelEQF 6
EOVK LevelFirst level
Students will be able to:
- read Latin literary, specialist and documentary texts and express themselves in writing in Latin,
- demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of the structure of Latin, its development and its influence on modern languages,
- demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of Roman and later Latin literature,
- demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of Roman history, culture and civilisation,
- demonstrate synoptic knowledge of the Latin culture of the Middle Ages and humanism,
- read easier ancient Greek texts using a dictionary and demonstrate familiarity with Greek literature,
- use primary sources, critical apparatuses, commentaries, secondary literature and technical manuals in a critical manner,
- use traditional and modern methods of textual analysis in a considered manner,
- autonomously interpret Latin texts,
- demonstrate critical understanding of the reception of ancient culture in various periods of the modern era and its presence in the contemporary world,
- undertake autonomous specialist activity in fields relating to research in Roman and Late Latin culture,
- autonomously write survey articles,
- communicate and popularise Latin language, literature and culture,
- undertake autonomous professional development in fields relating to research in classical languages, literature and culture.
Assessment and completion
Assesment and completion
Students' knowledge is assessed by means of practical exercises and seminar papers, and also via products, projects, performances, services, etc. and by examinations. Examination performance is graded as follows: 10 (excellent); 9 (very good: above-average knowledge but with some mistakes); 8 (very good: solid results); 7 (good); 6 (adequate: knowledge satisfies minimum criteria); 5–1 (inadequate). In order to pass an examination, a candidate must achieve a grade between adequate (6) and excellent (10).
Students may progress to the next year if by the end of the academic year they have completed all requirements defined by the study programme for progression to the next year.
Second-cycle master's study programmes (SQF level 8)
Condition for obtaining certificate
Conditions for obtaining a public document
In order to complete the programme, students must complete all course units prescribed by the study programme.
University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Arts
Awarding body URL
Introductory International Conference: Monitoring the Implementation of the Slovenian Qualifications Framework
Slovenian National Coordination Point for EQF in cooperation with the European Center for the Development of Vocational...