Magister umetnostne zgodovine/magistrica umetnostne zgodovine
|Name of qualification||
Name of qualificationMagister umetnostne zgodovine/magistrica umetnostne zgodovineAdd to comparison
|Translated title (no legal status)||
Translated titleMaster's degree in history of art
|Type of qualification||
Type of qualificationMaster’s degree
|Category of qualification||
Category of qualificationEducational Qualification
|Type of education||
Type of educationMaster's education
Duration of education
Arts and humanities
SQF LevelSQF 8
EQF LevelEQF 7
EOVK LevelSecond level
Students will be able to:
- appropriately select research methods, procedures and processes and assess them critically,
- autonomously process primary sources and critically assess the dilemmas and prospects of the academic discipline,
- participate in joint research that enables graduates to be more competitive in the labour market,
- demonstrate a commitment to professional ethics,
- communicate orally and in writing,
- demonstrate in-depth professional insight into the development of art history concepts and cultural heritage protection concepts,
- demonstrate familiarity with basic practical scientific methods of art history work with essential ancillary disciplines,
- place knowledge conceptually into the broader context of the study, protection and promotion of cultural heritage,
- resolve concrete problems in the monument protection profession and use results for theoretical scientific work,
- demonstrate familiarity with the work process from basic research to the preparation of scholarly publications.
Assessment and completion
Assesment and completion
Examination performance is graded as follows: 10 (excellent); 9 (very good: above-average knowledge but with some mistakes); 8 (very good: solid results); 7 (good); 6 (adequate: knowledge satisfies minimum criteria); 5–1 (inadequate). In order to pass an examination, a candidate must achieve a grade between adequate (6) and excellent (10).
In order to progress to the second year, students must complete at least 36 credits – i.e. complete course units in six subjects, including both fundamental subjects.
Third-cycle doctoral study programmes (SQF level 10)
Condition for obtaining certificate
Conditions for obtaining a public document
To complete their studies, students must complete all course units prescribed by the study programme.
University of Primorska, Faculty of Humanities
Awarding body URL
Introductory International Conference: Monitoring the Implementation of the Slovenian Qualifications Framework
Slovenian National Coordination Point for EQF in cooperation with the European Center for the Development of Vocational...