Tehnik steklarstva/tehnica steklarstva
|Name of qualification||Name of qualification: Tehnik steklarstva/tehnica steklarstvaAdd to comparison|
|Translated title (no legal status)||Translated title: Glass Technician|
|Type of qualification||Type of qualification: Upper secondary technical education|
|Category of qualification||Category of qualification: Educational Qualification|
|Type of education||Type of education: Upper secondary technical education|
Duration of education:
|Credits||Credits: 240 credits|
Engineering, manufacturing and construction
|ISCED subfield||subfield: materials (glass, paper, plastic and wood)|
Certificate-holders will be able to:
- calculate the ingredients of glass mixtures and prepare glass mixtures,
- prepare and maintain tools and machinery for the implementation of processing techniques in glassmaking,
- plan, make and finish glass products or a collection of products taking into account and applying the basic laws of art theory,
- make simple hand-blown glass products,
- carry out machine blowing, pressing and pouring of glass,
- hand-make various shapes from melted glass,
- grind simple patterns into flat and curved glass,
- paint designs made up of basic elements on flat and hollow glass and ceramics,
- carry out basic processes of treatment of flat glass (cutting, polishing edges and facets, fusion),
- act entrepreneurially and successfully market products and services,
- carry out quality control of raw materials, mixtures and products,
- make more complex hand-blown glass products,
- make simple glass products over an open flame using a variety of techniques,
- make simple laboratory elements,
- grind various patterns into glass of various shapes and sizes,
- carry out sanding at one or more depths using various abrasive media,
- paint more complex designs using various printing techniques,
- plan and make a glassware product or collection using a combination of glass-decorating techniques,
- glaze elements of exterior and interior equipment,
- make glass partitions,
- bend and temper glass,
- carry out basic repairs to interior and exterior glasswork,
- frame paintings and tapestries,
- carry out simple restorations to glassware.
Certificate holders build on their key vocational knowledge and abilities with key general knowledge in line with national standards.
Students' vocational abilities and skills and the fulfilment of conditions to obtain credits in accordance with the relevant education programme are established through verification and assessment. Assessment of students also takes into account non-formally acquired knowledge, which must be adequately demonstrated. Students are assessed using scores from 5 (excellent) to 1 (inadequate).
Tehnik steklarstva/tehnica steklarstva
The Career path tab shows the possible career path within the selected qualification area, which is not the only one and is not mandatory. The actual transition between qualifications, which is determined by law, is defined in the Transition tab.
SQF 6 / EQF 5
SQF 7 / EQF 6
Matura/vocational course, higher vocational education (SQF level 6), professional higher education (SQF level 7) and academic higher education (SQF level 7)
Students must successfully complete general education subjects, compulsory vocational modules, elective vocational modules and the open part of the curriculum. They must also complete extracurricular activities and work placement requirements and pass the vocational matura examination.
The vocational matura comprises a compulsory section (written and oral examination in Slovene, written and oral examination in glassmaking) and an elective section (written and oral foreign language or mathematics examination, and a product/service and an oral presentation).
Vocational and technical secondary schools and adult education institutions.
URLAwarding body URL:
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework Brdo Congress Centre, Predoslje 39, 4000...