Inženir lesarstva/inženirka lesarstva
|Name of qualification||Name of qualification: Inženir lesarstva/inženirka lesarstvaAdd to comparison|
|Translated title (no legal status)||Translated title: Wood technology engineer|
|Type of qualification||Type of qualification: Short cycle higher vocational diploma|
|Category of qualification||Category of qualification: Educational Qualification|
|Type of education||Type of education: Short upper secondary vocational education|
Duration of education:
|Credits||Credits: 120 credits|
Engineering, manufacturing and construction
|ISCED subfield||subfield: materials (glass, paper, plastic and wood)|
Students will be able to:
- autonomously develop professional identity, professional responsibility and professionalism,
- integrate knowledge from various fields where managing, planning and organising technological processes,
- record and analyse a problem and anticipate operational solutions in work processes,
- make autonomous decisions on the choice and use of raw materials, materials and technologies in production,
- apply acquired knowledge for successful professional communication in the local and international environment,
- develop a moral and ethical sense for honesty, accuracy and conscientiousness at work,
- continuously use information and communications technology in their own professional field of work,
(vocationally specific competences)
- autonomously schedule and organise the necessary activities for effective work,
- plan, organise and manage technological processes in the processing, treatment and use of wood and wood-based materials,
- ensure the quality of work processes and select and examine products,
- ensure the rational use of energy, material and time,
- develop entrepreneurial characteristics, skills and behaviour,
- manage administrative processes relating to the organisation of operations,
- ensure that instruments and equipment are maintained,
- participate in an expert team and in the development and construction of new products,
- communicate with experts, customers, clients; communicate in Slovene and in one world language,
- take responsibility for their own safety and the safety of others and protect health and the environment,
- ensure the conservation and maintenance of cultural and technical heritage.
Students' knowledge is assessed by means of practical exercises and seminar papers, and also via products, projects, performances, services, etc. and by examinations. Examination performance is graded as follows: 10 (excellent); 9 (very good: above-average knowledge but with some mistakes); 8 (very good: solid results); 7 (good); 6 (adequate: knowledge satisfies minimum criteria); 5–1 (inadequate). In order to pass an examination, a candidate must achieve a grade between adequate (6) and excellent (10).
Students may progress to the second year if they have successfully completed first-year modules, subjects and practical training (including practical classes, seminar papers, projects, examinations, etc.) totalling at least 45 credits, where all practical classes and practical training course units must be completed in full.
Inženir lesarstva/inženirka lesarstva
The Career path tab shows the possible career path within the selected qualification area, which is not the only one and is not mandatory. The actual transition between qualifications, which is determined by law, is defined in the Transition tab.
SQF 7 / EQF 6
First-cycle study programmes (SQF, level 7)
In order to complete the programme, students must complete all compulsory modules and subjects, for a total of 92 credits, one elective module consisting of 18 credits, a freely elective subject consisting of 5 credits and a diploma examination (worth 5 credits).
Higher Vocational Colleges
URLAwarding body URL:
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework Brdo Congress Centre, Predoslje 39, 4000...