|Name of qualification||Name of qualification: Talilec/talilka jekla Add to comparison|
|Translated title (no legal status)||Translated title: Foundry worker – Steel|
|Type of qualification||Type of qualification: National vocational qualification, SQF level 4|
|Category of qualification||Category of qualification: Vocational Qualification|
Engineering, manufacturing and construction
|ISCED subfield||subfield: mechanics and metal trades|
Candidates will be able to:
- receive instructions from a superior and organise their own work accordingly,
- prepare furnaces, devices and tools for the steel melting process and start up machines and equipment in accordance with technical instructions,
- manage the steel melting process in an electric arc furnace,
- manage steel refining processes and ensure the quality of the work done in accordance with technological instructions and standards,
- oversee the status and correct functioning of the furnace and equipment for melting steel and ensure the optimal use of energy products and material,
- preventively maintain furnaces, devices and tools for steel melting,
- communicate with superiors, technologists, quality control personnel and other co-workers,
- take into account and ensure occupational safety and health and protect the environment in accordance with internal rules and statutory regulations.
Verification and assessment are carried out by committees for the verification and validation of national vocational qualifications, appointed by the National Examination Centre (NEC). Committee members must be licensed by the National Examination Centre. Licences may be found here.
During the guidance process the candidate prepares a portfolio, which is assessed by a committee. If the portfolio submitted by the candidate contains authentic, valid and adequate proof of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the occupational standard, the committee can:
- validate the contents of the occupational standard in full,
- validate the contents of the occupational standard in part and define the knowledge, skills and competences to be verified,
- refuse to validate any of the contents of the occupational standard because the candidate has not provided proof of any of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the occupational standard, in which case it will verify the occupational standard in full.
Practical verification with an oral presentation.
The Career path tab shows the possible career path within the selected qualification area, which is not the only one and is not mandatory. The actual transition between qualifications, which is determined by law, is defined in the Transition tab.
SQF 5 / EQF 4
SQF 7 / EQF 6
SQF 8 / EQF 7
Candidates demonstrate attainment of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the catalogue of standards of vocational knowledge and skills.
Providers of procedures for identifying and validating NVQs are entered in a register of providers maintained in the collection of the national information centre for vocational qualifications. These are: vocational schools, businesses, B2B training centres, adult education centres and chambers of commerce.
Currently no providers.
URLAwarding body URL:
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework Brdo Congress Centre, Predoslje 39, 4000...