Diplomirani inženir dizajn inženiringa (un)/diplomirana inženirka dizajn inženiringa (un)
|Name of qualification||
Name of qualificationDiplomirani inženir dizajn inženiringa (un)/diplomirana inženirka dizajn inženiringa (un)Add to comparison
|Translated title (no legal status)||
Translated titleAcademic bachelor's degree in design engineering
|Type of qualification||
Type of qualificationAcademic bachelor's degree
|Category of qualification||
Category of qualificationEducational Qualification
|Type of education||
Type of educationAcademic bachelor's education
Duration of education
Engineering, manufacturing and construction
SQF LevelSQF 7
EQF LevelEQF 6
EOVK LevelFirst level
Students will be able to:
- define and understand basic development problems in the design of industrial products that are important for the modern understanding of sustainable development;
- demonstrate understanding of processes to ensure a capacity for critical, analytical and synthetic thinking;
- communicate professionally and express themselves in writing, including in the international context;
- use information and communication technologies;
- use acquired knowledge to autonomously address development concepts in engineering design;
- find sources and critically assess information;
- autonomously build on knowledge acquired and deepen their knowledge in the field of design engineering;
- work in a group and participate in interdisciplinary integration;
- use modern research methods and procedures for the development of industrial products important for the sustainable development of humanity;
- build on and apply basic engineering knowledge with the subtle incorporation of creative contents from industrial design for a modern sustainable-development-based understanding of industrial products;
- demonstrate mastery of the basic theoretical and applied knowledge essential for mastery of all aspects of product development, that combines engineering knowledge and the creative content of applied art;
- carry out physical, mathematical and numerical modelling of problems with a developed capacity for creative design of an industrial product;
- autonomously acquire new knowledge and skills important for design engineering;
- develop optimal solutions on the basis of analysis and synthesis.
Assessment and completion
Assesment and completion
Students' knowledge is assessed by means of practical exercises and seminar papers, and also via products, projects, performances, services, etc. and by examinations. Examination performance is scored as follows: 10 (excellent); 9 (very good: above-average knowledge but with some mistakes); 8 (very good: solid results); 7 (good); 6 (adequate: knowledge satisfies minimum criteria); 5–1 (inadequate). In order to pass an examination, a candidate must achieve a grade between adequate (6) and excellent (10).
In order to progress from the first year to the second year of the interdisciplinary first-cycle academic programme in Design Engineering, candidates must have completed course units consisting of at least 54 ECTS credits.
In order to progress from the second year to the third year of the interdisciplinary first-cycle academic programme in Design Engineering, candidates must have completed all first-year course units and second-year course units consisting of at least 54 ECTS credits.
Second-cycle master's study programmes (SQF level 8)
Condition for obtaining certificate
Conditions for obtaining a public document
Students complete their studies when they have successfully met all prescribed requirements of a study programme.
Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Academy of Fine Arts and Design, University of Ljubljana
Awarding body URL
Introductory International Conference: Monitoring the Implementation of the Slovenian Qualifications Framework
Slovenian National Coordination Point for EQF in cooperation with the European Center for the Development of Vocational...