Strojni tehnik/strojna tehnica
|Name of qualification||Name of qualification: Strojni tehnik/strojna tehnicaAdd to comparison|
|Translated title (no legal status)||Translated title: Mechanical engineering technician|
|Type of qualification||Type of qualification: Upper secondary technical education|
|Category of qualification||Category of qualification: Educational Qualification|
|Type of education||Type of education: Upper vocational-technical education|
Duration of education:
|Credits||Credits: 120 credits|
The programme can be attended by anyone who has completed the programme of secondary vocational education and acquired one of the following titles:
Engineering, manufacturing and construction
|ISCED subfield||subfield: mechanics and metal trades|
The holder of the certificate is qualified to:
- use expertise, IT and software tools in the resolution of real practical problems in the discipline;
- size and shape machine parts, select standard machine elements and construct assemblies;
- mathematically solve technical problems in the field and elaborate analytical and graphic charts;
- employ technical terminology, process data in order to obtain information and keep technical and technology documentation;
- examine and make use of technical and technology documentation, technical regulations and standards as well as tehnical plans and manufacturer’s instructions;
- perform measurement and control procedures, use measurement and control machines, appliances, tools and aids;
- plan the steps from idea to the production of goods or supply of services;
- cooperate in projection and construction of new products and proposals leading to the improvements of the already existing products;
- select the technology procedure for processing, transformation or blending of products in the light of the materials and the purpose of use;
- select and use materials, tools and working instruments for processing and procedures in various fields of mechanical engineering;
- assess the rational use of energy, use of energy sources and waste management;
- assess development potential and the use of non-conventional energy sources and rational use of energy;
- evaluate eco-eligibility for the use of individual machines, appliances and systems;
- carry out and guarantee measures pertaining to health and safety at work, environment protection, fire safety and accident prevention;
- seek rational and professional solutions when conducting activities in the working environment;
- think entrepreneurially, judge critically and act responsibly and socially in the working environment;
Spatial modelling and documentation preparation
- perform parameter and spatial modelling of products, assemble units and elaborate technical documentation;
Computer based technologies
- select working processes, programme NC machines by setting and correcting processing parameters;
Mass production tools and appliances
- construct tools and aids, assemble, dismantle, test and maintain tools;
Planning production processes in mechanical engineering
- plan technology processes and draw up basic technology documentation for production by taking into consideration its ergonomic impact;
Automation and robotics
- analyse the operation of control functions, determine automation type in production and assess the impact of robotics;
- identify and select energy appliances and machines as well as maintain and optimize energy systems;
Housing installations planning
- plan construction installation elements of heating, cooling and ventilation;
Energy generation and distribution
- monitor and control technology processes of heat generation and distribution.
In addition, the holder of the certificate also upgraded his/her key professional skills and competences with key general knowledge and skills in line with national standards.
Students' vocational abilities and skills and the fulfilment of conditions to obtain credits in accordance with the relevant education programme are established through verification and assessment. Assessment of students also takes into account non-formally acquired knowledge, which must be adequately demonstrated. Students are assessed using grades from 5 (excellent) to 1 (inadequate).
Students may progress to the next year if at the end of the academic year they achieve a passing grade in all general education subjects and relevant vocational modules set out in the school's operational curriculum, and have completed all extracurricular activities and practical on-the-job training, or progress on the basis of a programme faculty decision.
Strojni tehnik/strojna tehnica
The Career path tab shows the possible career path within the selected qualification area, which is not the only one and is not mandatory. The actual transition between qualifications, which is determined by law, is defined in the Transition tab.
SQF 5 / EQF 4
SQF 7 / EQF 6
SQF 8 / EQF 7
Matura/vocational course, higher vocational education (SQF level 6), professional higher education (SQF level 7) and academic higher education (SQF level 7)
Students must successfully (i.e. with passing grades) complete all general education subjects, compulsory vocational modules, elective vocational modules and the open part of the curriculum. They must also complete extracurricular activities and work placement requirements and pass the vocational matura examination. The vocational matura comprises a compulsory section (written and oral examinations in Slovene and mechanical engineering) and an elective section (written and oral examination in a foreign language or mathematics and a product/service with oral presentation).
Vocational and technical secondary schools and adult education institutions.
URLAwarding body URL:
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework Brdo Congress Centre, Predoslje 39, 4000...