|Name of qualification||Name of qualification: Mehanik/mehaničarka kolesAdd to comparison|
|Translated title (no legal status)||Translated title: Bicycle mechanic|
|Type of qualification||Type of qualification: National vocational qualification, SQF level 4|
|Category of qualification||Category of qualification: Vocational Qualification|
Engineering, manufacturing and construction
|ISCED subfield||subfield: motor vehicles, ships and aircraft|
Candidates will be able to:
- receive and review technical documentation and plan their work accordingly,
- ensure the quality and thus the financial success of their work while observing the principles of rational use of energy, time and material,
- work in such a way as not to endanger themselves or others in their working environment or pollute the environment,
- apply business ethics in communication with the various stakeholders they encounter in their work,
- use the modern communication technology, computer equipment and relevant software tools that they need in their work,
- give diagnoses of the state of a bicycle,
- service and maintain components and assemblies, install new parts and set up a bicycle in an appropriate manner for the user,
- apply entrepreneurial knowledge and skills.
Verification and assessment are carried out by committees for the verification and validation of national vocational qualifications, appointed by the National Examination Centre (NEC). Committee members must be licensed by the National Examination Centre. Licences may be found here.
During the guidance process the candidate prepares a portfolio, which is evaluated by a committee. If the portfolio contains proof of knowledge, skills and competences from the occupational standard, the committee may validate the contents of the occupational standard in part or in full.
- The committee verifies standards of knowledge of those candidates whose portfolios do not contain proof of knowledge, skills and competences acquired and do not cover in full the knowledge, skills and competences in the occupational standard, or if the committee was unable to validate them.
- If the candidate's portfolio does not contain proof of any of the knowledge, skills and competences under the occupational standard, the committee will verify the occupational standard in full.
Candidates complete a practical assignment to demonstrate their mastery of the required vocational competences according to the requirements of the occupational standard and technical documentation. The completion of the practical assignment is accompanied by an oral presentation.
The oral presentation consists of verification of knowledge of the procedures followed by bicycle mechanic when servicing a bicycle, knowledge of the equipment and the rules of bicycle sport (competitive and non-competitive), knowledge of working equipment, materials, tools, etc., in accordance with the operational standard "Bicycle mechanic".
The Career path tab shows the possible career path within the selected qualification area, which is not the only one and is not mandatory. The actual transition between qualifications, which is determined by law, is defined in the Transition tab.
SQF 5 / EQF 4
Candidates demonstrate attainment of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the catalogue of standards of vocational knowledge and skills.
Providers of procedures for identifying and validating NVQs are entered in a register of providers maintained in the collection of the national information centre for vocational qualifications. These are: vocational schools, businesses, B2B training centres, adult education centres and chambers of commerce.
URLAwarding body URL:
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework Brdo Congress Centre, Predoslje 39, 4000...