Ladijski strojni tehnik/ladijska strojna tehnica
|Name of qualification||Name of qualification: Ladijski strojni tehnik/ladijska strojna tehnicaAdd to comparison|
|Translated title (no legal status)||Translated title: Marine engineering technician|
|Type of qualification||Type of qualification: Upper secondary technical education|
|Category of qualification||Category of qualification: Educational Qualification|
|Type of education||Type of education: Upper secondary technical education|
Duration of education:
|Credits||Credits: 240 credits|
Engineering, manufacturing and construction
|ISCED subfield||subfield: motor vehicles, ships and aircraft|
Certificate holders will be able to:
- operate, maintain and repair a ship's engine, steam turbine, electrical, steering and regulatory systems;
- operate shipborne cargo loading, unloading or transport equipment;
- operate firefighting equipment and lead the fighting of shipboard fires;
- take appropriate action in rescue operations and ensure survival at sea;
- provide first aid to injured persons;
- work as part of a team in a ship's living and working environment and cooperate with deck personnel;
- assure protection against spillage of oil, petroleum products, oils and other ship discharges into the sea;
- size and shape machine parts, select standard machine components and construct assemblies;
- select a technological procedure for processing, forming or joining materials with regard to the type of material and the purpose of use;
- select and use materials and tools for processing and processes in various mechanical engineering fields;
- perform measurement and control procedures and use measurement and control machines, devices, tools and accessories;
- assess possibilities for the development and use of unconventional energy sources and the rational use of energy;
- assess the environmental justification of the use of individual machines, devices and systems;
- apply entrepreneurial thinking, exercise critical judgement and conduct themselves responsibly and in a socially-oriented manner in the working environment.
- carry out parametric spatial modelling of products, prepare assemblies and draw up technical documentation;
- select machining processes and program NC machines by setting and correcting machining parameters;
- construct tools and accessories, install, uninstall, test and maintain tools;
- plan technological processes and draw up basic technological documentation for manufacturing, taking into account ergonomic effects;
- analyse the operation of control functions, determine the type of automation in manufacturing and assess the effects of robotics;
- determine and select energy installations and machines and maintain and optimise energy systems;
- plan elements and systems of building heating, cooling and ventilation installations;
- monitor and supervise technological processes of heat generation and distribution.
Certificate holders will also have built on their key vocational knowledge and abilities with key general knowledge in line with national standards.
Students' vocational abilities and skills and the fulfilment of conditions to obtain credits in accordance with the relevant education programme are established through verification and assessment. Assessment of students also takes into account non-formally acquired knowledge, which must be adequately demonstrated. Students are assessed using scores from 5 (excellent) to 1 (inadequate).
Students may progress to the next year if at the end of the academic year they achieve a passing grade in all general education subjects and vocational modules from the school's operational curriculum for the year and have completed all extracurricular activities and all work placement requirements. Progression is also possible by decision of the programme teaching staff.
Ladijski strojni tehnik/ladijska strojna tehnica
The Career path tab shows the possible career path within the selected qualification area, which is not the only one and is not mandatory. The actual transition between qualifications, which is determined by law, is defined in the Transition tab.
SQF 6 / EQF 5
Matura/vocational course, higher vocational education (SQF level 6), professional higher education (SQF level 7) and academic higher education (SQF level 7)
Students must successfully (i.e. with passing grades) complete general education subjects, compulsory and elective vocational modules, and the open part of the curriculum. They must also complete extracurricular activities and on-the-job training and pass the vocational matura examination.
A vocational matura comprises a compulsory section (written and oral examination in Slovene, written and oral examination in nature protection) and an elective section (written and oral foreign language or mathematics examination, and a product/service and an oral presentation).
Vocational and technical secondary schools and adult education institutions.
URLAwarding body URL:
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework Brdo Congress Centre, Predoslje 39, 4000...