Magister turizma/magistrica turizma
|Name of qualification||Name of qualification: Magister turizma/magistrica turizmaAdd to comparison|
|Translated title (no legal status)||Translated title: Master of Arts in tourism|
|Type of qualification||Type of qualification: Master’s degree|
|Category of qualification||Category of qualification: Educational Qualification|
|Type of education||Type of education: Master's education|
Duration of education:
|Credits||Credits: 120 credits|
|ISCED subfield||subfield: travel, tourism and leisure|
A student is qualified to:
- apply research methods, procedures and processes,
- analyse, synthesise and anticipate solutions and consequences,
- apply theoretical achievements in practice,
- develop communication skills, particularly in the international environment,
- develop ethical reflection and commitment to professional ethics, and
- work in a team and cooperate within a group.
- enhance understanding of tourism as a social phenomenon and the functioning of tourism entities,
- recognise trends on the contemporary tourism market and factors that affect the performance of tourism companies, and recognise opportunities to influence those factors,
- use an analytical, methodological and research-based approach to solving complex problems relating to service activities and tourism,
- link various aspects of tourism development (e.g. personal, social, environmental, macroeconomic and entrepreneurial development), and make ethical and responsible decisions on the basis of understanding the aforementioned aspects,
- monitor, recognise and integrate fresh information and interpretations in the context of the tourism profession (e.g. market, security, social, cultural, environmental, economic, technological and other aspects),
- understand the organisational structure, interdisciplinary nature and interaction of tourism and the tourism economy, including its impact on the environment, and national and international economies,
- understand and apply scientific research methods, critical analysis methods and development theories for specific areas of tourism, and apply them in solving specific professional problems at the company, regional and state levels,
- independently and proactively recognise the need for fresh knowledge and skills in the tourism sector, and develop and/or acquire the aforementioned knowledge and skills, and
- use information and communication technologies and systems in the tourism sector.
Students progress from the first year to the second year if they have met all first-year study and research requirements or accumulated at least 42 credits, provided that study and research requirements were met for the subject, Methodology and Research in Tourism, and for two compulsory subjects that represent the basis for continuing studies in the selected specialisation.
Magister turizma/magistrica turizma
The Career path tab shows the possible career path within the selected qualification area, which is not the only one and is not mandatory. The actual transition between qualifications, which is determined by law, is defined in the Transition tab.
SQF 10 / EQF 8
Third-cycle doctoral study programmes (SQF level 10)
All requirements prescribed in the programme must be met and a master’s thesis written and successfully presented for the completion of studies.
University of Primorska, Faculty of Tourism Studies – Turistica
URLAwarding body URL:
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework Brdo Congress Centre, Predoslje 39, 4000...
© Center RS za poklicno izobraževanje, 2018. All rights reserved