Doktor znanosti/doktorica znanosti s področja potovanja, turizem, prosti čas
|Name of qualification||Name of qualification: Doktor znanosti/doktorica znanosti s področja potovanja, turizem, prosti časAdd to comparison|
|Translated title (no legal status)||Translated title: Doctorate in the field of travel, tourism and leisure|
|Type of qualification||Type of qualification: Doctorate|
|Category of qualification||Category of qualification: Educational Qualification|
|Type of education||Type of education: Doctoral education|
Duration of education:
|Credits||Credits: 180 credits|
|ISCED subfield||subfield: travel, tourism and leisure|
A student is qualified to:
- select and apply the appropriate scientific research methods, procedures and processes to a wider range of problems in changing circumstances, and create new knowledge and solutions,
- independently study to develop critical reflection, acquire social and communication skills, assess actual events and their place in a broader context, and to explain and evaluate social phenomena,
- transfer acquired knowledge in practice to specific areas of the tourism sector and resolve specific work problems through the application of scientific methods and procedures,
- manage a group, and cooperate and work in team,
- commit to professional ethics and ethical reflection, and
- critically understand concepts and scientific bases and modern achievements that push students to analyse and resolve challenges and problems in the tourism sector.
- continue research work independently and in a team, and independently enhance various bases and applied issues in the area of tourism, and the latest developments and innovations in the tourism sector,
- understand the basic structure and interpretation of fundamental tourism disciplines and the links between the associated sub-disciplines,
- master theoretic problems from the tourism profession and their resolution,
- master various research methods, and work independently with the help of research and interpretive methods from the tourism sector,
- research the tourism sector, with an emphasis on innovative approaches and creativity and the presentation of results to a critical public,
- develop and apply a research approach to acquire new knowledge,
- perform action studies and applied research in the area of tourism events at the local, regional and international levels,
- understand the functioning of tourism systems in specific global social situations, and analyse, synthesise and anticipate solutions and the consequences of events in the tourism sector,
- apply theoretical and research findings from the tourism sector in a specific environment, and link knowledge from various areas and apply it in the domestic and international business environments, and
- manage the communication process with the help of contemporary technologies and the use of the appropriate communication techniques between various factors in a situation of interdependence to determine the quality of tourism services in both the local and international environments.
Students must accumulate 54 of 60 required credits from a study programme to progress from the first year to the second year. The missing 6 credits may not pertain to core subjects, but may pertain to elective subjects. All first-year requirements must be met, between 54 and 60 second-year credits accumulated and the topic of the student’s doctoral dissertation confirmed for enrolment in the third year.
All study requirements outlined in the program (180 credits) must be met for the completion of studies. This includes the completion of all examinations, individual research work prescribed by the programme and requirements from individual subjects, and the successful oral presentation of the doctoral dissertation.
University of Primorska, Faculty of Tourism Studies – Turistica
URLAwarding body URL:
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework Brdo Congress Centre, Predoslje 39, 4000...