Lesarski tehnik/lesarska tehnica
|Name of qualification||Name of qualification: Lesarski tehnik/lesarska tehnicaAdd to comparison|
|Translated title (no legal status)||Translated title: Wood Technician|
|Type of qualification||Type of qualification: Upper secondary technical education|
|Category of qualification||Category of qualification: Educational Qualification|
|Type of education||Type of education: Upper secondary technical education|
Duration of education:
|Credits||Credits: 240 credits|
Engineering, manufacturing and construction
|ISCED subfield||subfield: materials (glass, paper, plastic and wood)|
Certificate-holders will be able to:
- select materials with suitable properties and take into account the practical and aesthetic characteristics of products,
- select the appropriate structural joints for the material and intended use of the product,
- determine cutting methods and the optimal use of materials,
- determine technological parameters in the processing of solid wood and wood-based materials,
- design simple technological processes and a production schedule,
- determine the use of time and materials and make calculations,
- produce technical documentation using computer software,
- plan and organise the workplace in the context of a technological process,
- observe and implement environmental protection and occupational health regulations,
- work according to the principles of the project method,
- demonstrate understanding of the basic principles of the functioning of the business process, costs planning and management and the quality system,
- participate in the design of products, demonstrating knowledge of anthropometry, ergonomics and historical furniture styles,
- participate in the organisation of work in a sawmill and in the operation of facilities and installations for the technical drying of wood.
Certificate holders build on their key vocational knowledge and abilities with key general knowledge in line with national standards.
Students' vocational abilities and skills and the fulfilment of conditions to obtain credits in accordance with the relevant education programme are established through verification and assessment. Assessment of students also takes into account non-formally acquired knowledge, which must be adequately demonstrated. Students are assessed using scores from 5 (excellent) to 1 (inadequate).
Students may progress to a higher year if at the end of the academic year they achieve a passing grade in all general education subjects and relevant vocational modules set out in the school's operational curriculum for the year and have completed all extracurricular activities and all work placement requirements, or progress on the basis of a decision of the programme teaching staff.
Lesarski tehnik/lesarska tehnica
The Career path tab shows the possible career path within the selected qualification area, which is not the only one and is not mandatory. The actual transition between qualifications, which is determined by law, is defined in the Transition tab.
SQF 6 / EQF 5
SQF 7 / EQF 6
Matura/vocational course, higher vocational education (SQF level 6), professional higher education (SQF level 7) and academic higher education (SQF level 7).
Students must successfully complete general education subjects, compulsory vocational modules, elective vocational modules and the open part of the curriculum. They must also complete extracurricular activities and work placement requirements and pass the vocational matura examination.
The vocational matura comprises a compulsory section (written and oral examination in Slovene, written and oral examination in wood technology) and an elective section (written and oral foreign language or mathematics examination, and a product plus an oral presentation).
Vocational and technical secondary schools and adult education institutions.
URLAwarding body URL:
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework Brdo Congress Centre, Predoslje 39, 4000...