|Name of qualification||Name of qualification: Kamerman/kamermankaAdd to comparison|
|Translated title (no legal status)||Translated title: Camera operator|
|Type of qualification||Type of qualification: National vocational qualification, SQF level 6|
|Category of qualification||Category of qualification: Vocational Qualification|
Arts and humanities
|ISCED subfield||subfield: audio-visual techniques and media production|
The candidates will be able to:
- Plan, prepare and control the video recording procedure of a television show, working alongside the production and technical teams;
- Ensure the quality and successfulness of their own work and follow professional developments;
- Use state-of-the-art information-communication technology, computer hardware and software;
- Perform the work in the manner as to not pose a threat to themselves and the environment;
- Take into account the principles of rational use of energy, materials and time, and develop entrepreneurial characteristics, skills and behaviour;
- Communicate and collaborate with the director, the production and technical teams in the preparation and implementation of a TV show;
- Operate the TV camera in agreement with the director and head cameraman;
- Keep up-to-date with and upgrade their knowledge of the content, forms and new concepts of television genres.
Verification and assessment are carried out by committees for the verification and validation of national vocational qualifications, appointed by the National Examination Centre (NEC). Committee members must be licensed by the National Examination Centre. Licences may be found here.
During the guidance process the candidate prepares a portfolio, which is evaluated by a committee. If the candidate has submitted authentic, valid and relevant proof of knowledge, skills and competences from the operational standard, the committee may:
- validate the contents of the occupational standard in full,
- validate the contents of the occupational standard in part and define the knowledge, skills and competence to be verified,
- refuse to validate any of the contents of the occupational standard because the candidate has not provided proof of any of the knowledge, skills and competences under the occupational standard, in which case it will verify the occupational standard in full.
The candidates prepare and then, as part of the assessment, defend a professional assignment, in which they describe the individual elements of the work of a camera operator. They also attach to their professional assignment an AV-work in which they took part, in an appropriate format and on an appropriate medium (DVD, USB; electronic portal, etc.).
The professional assignment consists of:
- The plan of the positioning of cameras on the set layout for a given shot,
- The rules on occupational health and safety in this type of work, as well as fire prevention safety,
- The camera operator’s contribution to the visualisation of the AV-work in which they took part.
A candidate demonstrates the attainment of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the catalogue of standards of vocational knowledge and skills.
Providers of procedures for identifying and validating national vocational qualifications are entered in a register of providers maintained in the relevant collection of the National Reference Point for Occupational Qualifications. Providers include: vocational schools, companies, inter-company training centres, adult education centres, chambers of commerce, etc.
URLAwarding body URL:
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework Brdo Congress Centre, Predoslje 39, 4000...