Zaključno spričevalo osnovne šole
|Name of qualification||
Name of qualificationZaključno spričevalo osnovne šoleAdd to comparison
|Translated title (no legal status)||
Translated titleBasic school leaving certificate
|Type of qualification||
Type of qualificationBasic education
|Category of qualification||
Category of qualificationEducational Qualification
|Type of education||
Type of educationBasic education
Duration of education
9 years or 8 years (eight-year basic school)
The child's sixth birthday must fall in the calendar year in which the child is enrolled at school. Deferment by one year is possible in special cases.
SQF LevelSQF 2
EQF LevelEQF 2
Knowledge: level 2
- Acquires basic general knowledge in the following fields: Slovene (Hungarian, Italian) language; mathematics; foreign language; biology; chemistry; physics; history; geography; citizenship and ethics; art; music; sport; technology; home economics.
Skills: level 2
- harmoniously develops his/her cognitive, emotional, physical, spiritual, social, artistic powers and potential;
- develops literacy and skills for understanding, communication and expression in the Slovene language (in areas with national minorities also in Italian or Hungarian);
- develops literacy and general knowledge in the fields of written texts, science/technology, mathematics, information technology, social sciences and art;
- develops the ability to communicate in foreign languages.
Competences: level 2
- develops capacity for further educational and vocational development with an emphasis on competences for lifelong learning;
- is educated for sustainable development and active participation in democratic society, which includes self-knowledge and a responsible attitude towards the self, own health, other people, own and other cultures, the natural and social environment, future generations;
- develops a spirit of enterprise, innovation, creativity.
Assessment and completion
Assesment and completion
In the first triad (years 1-3) of elementary school, students' knowledge is assessed using descriptive assessments. In the second triad (years 4-6) and third triad (years 7-9) of elementary school, students' knowledge is assessed using numerical grades.
At the end of the second and third triads, students' knowledge is tested by means of national assessment, which is designed to verify the standards of knowledge set out in the curriculum. The results of national assessment serve as additional information on students' knowledge.
At the end of the second triad, national assessment is voluntary for students; testing covers the mother tongue (Slovene, Hungarian, Italian), mathematics and a foreign language. At the end of the third triad assessment is compulsory for all students; testing covers the mother tongue (Slovene, Hungarian, Italian), mathematics and a third subject.
Students in the first and second triads do not repeat years. Third-triad students progress to the next year if they achieve a positive assessment in all subjects at the end of the academic year.
lower vocational education (SQF, level 3), secondary vocational education (SQF, level 4), technical and general secondary education (SQF, level 5)
Condition for obtaining certificate
Conditions for obtaining a public document
Basic schools issue certificates to students at the end of each year. The certificate is a public document.
Basic schools issue school leaving certificates to students who complete basic education. The basic school leaving certificate contains the student's year 9 grades and the student's results from national assessment at the end of the third triad.
- Basic school
- Education centres for children with special needs
- Adult education centre
(home education possible)
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework Congress centre Brdo, Predoslje 39, 4000...