Tehnik steklarstva/tehnica steklarstva
|Name of qualification||Name of qualification: Tehnik steklarstva/tehnica steklarstvaAdd to comparison|
|Translated title (no legal status)||Translated title: Glass technician|
|Type of qualification||Type of qualification: Upper secondary technical education|
|Category of qualification||Category of qualification: Educational Qualification|
|Type of education||Type of education: Upper secondary technical education|
Duration of education:
|Credits||Credits: 120 credits|
The programme can be attended by anyone who has completed the programme of secondary vocational education and acquired one of the following titles:
Engineering, manufacturing and construction
|ISCED subfield||subfield: materials (glass, paper, plastic and wood)|
The holder of the certificate is qualified to:
- calculate the composition of a compound for glass and prepare a compound for glass;
- prepare and maintain glass processing technology machines, tools and equipment;
- plan, manufacture and process glassware by considering and using basic theoretical fine arts laws;
- act entrepreneurially and successfully market products and services;
- perform quality control of raw materials, compounds and products;
- manufacture simple hand-blown glassware;
- employ a glass-blowing machine, press and cast glass;
- manually manufacture any combination of shapes from glass melt;
- cut simple samples on level and bent glass;
- paint motifs consisting of basic elements on level and hollow glass as well as on ceramics;
- perform basic processing procedures for level glass (working, cutting edges and facets, fusion);
Open fire glass moulding
- manufacture simple open fire glassware by using different technology;
- make simple lab elements;
Builder’s glass production
- glaze exterior and interior equipment elements;
- make vitrage glass;
- bend and quench glass;
- carry out basic glazier repairs in the interior and exterior;
- frame paintings and gobelins;
- conduct simple glassware restoration procedures.
In addition, the holder of the certificate also upgraded his/her key professional skills and competences with key general knowledge and skills in line with national standards.
Students' vocational abilities and skills and the fulfilment of conditions to obtain credits in accordance with the relevant education programme are established through verification and assessment. Assessment of students also takes into account non-formally acquired knowledge, which must be adequately demonstrated. Students are assessed using grades from 5 (excellent) to 1 (inadequate).
Tehnik steklarstva/tehnica steklarstva
The Career path tab shows the possible career path within the selected qualification area, which is not the only one and is not mandatory. The actual transition between qualifications, which is determined by law, is defined in the Transition tab.
SQF 6 / EQF 5
SQF 7 / EQF 6
Matura/vocational course, higher vocational education (SQF level 6), professional higher education (SQF level 7) and academic higher education (SQF level 7)
Students must successfully (i.e. with passing grades) complete all general education subjects, compulsory vocational modules, elective vocational modules and the open part of the curriculum. They must also complete extracurricular activities and work placement requirements and pass the vocational matura examination. The vocational matura comprises a compulsory section (written and oral examinations in Slovene and glass industry) and an elective section (written and oral examination in a foreign language or mathematics and a product/service with oral presentation).
Vocational and technical secondary schools and adult education institutions.
URLAwarding body URL:
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework Brdo Congress Centre, Predoslje 39, 4000...