Tehnik mehatronike/tehnica mehatronike
|Name of qualification||
Name of qualificationTehnik mehatronike/tehnica mehatronikeAdd to comparison
|Translated title (no legal status)||
Translated titleMechatronic Technician
|Type of qualification||
Type of qualificationUpper secondary technical education
|Category of qualification||
Category of qualificationEducational Qualification
|Type of education||
Type of educationUpper secondary technical education
Duration of education
Engineering, manufacturing and construction
SQF LevelSQF 5
EQF LevelEQF 4
Certificate holders will be able to:
- use and demonstrate understanding of technical plans;
- use information systems in technological processes;
- automate technological processes and maintain technological systems;
- determine loads and load-bearing capacities of structural elements;
- use hydraulic and mechanical elements or systems and electrical machinery or devices;
- build mechatronic systems and plan the assembly and disassembly of mechatronic systems;
- diagnose faults and carry out simple repairs to mechatronic systems;
- program relatively simple applications in different programming languages;
- integrate the information system with the manufacturing process;
- maintain equipment and applications at the level of integration of the information system with manufacturing processes;
- design control and regulation mechanisms and plan pneumatic and hydraulic control systems;
- use and plan digital circuits, microcontrollers, programmable logic controllers (PLCs) and elements of sensor technology.
Assembly and testing of mechatronic systems
- assembly and disassembly of simple mechatronic systems;
Maintenance and repair of mechatronic systems
- maintain and repair mechatronic systems.
Certificate holders have built on their key vocational knowledge and abilities with key general knowledge in line with national standards.
Assessment and completion
Assesment and completion
Students' vocational abilities and skills and the fulfilment of conditions to obtain credits in accordance with the relevant education programme are established through verification and assessment. Assessment of students also takes into account non-formally acquired knowledge, which must be adequately demonstrated. Students are assessed using scores from 5 (excellent) to 1 (inadequate).
Matura/vocational course, higher vocational education (SQF level 6), professional higher education (SQF level 7) and academic higher education (SQF level 7)
Condition for obtaining certificate
Conditions for obtaining a public document
Students must successfully (i.e. with passing grades) complete general education subjects, compulsory and elective vocational modules, and the open part of the curriculum. They must also complete extracurricular activities and on-the-job training and pass the vocational matura examination.
The vocational matura comprises a compulsory section (written and oral examination in Slovene, written and oral examination in mechatronics) and an elective section (written and oral foreign language or mathematics examination, and a product plus an oral presentation).
Vocational and technical secondary schools and adult education institutions
Awarding body URL
Introductory International Conference: Monitoring the Implementation of the Slovenian Qualifications Framework
Slovenian National Coordination Point for EQF in cooperation with the European Center for the Development of Vocational...