Plovbni tehnik/plovbna tehnica
|Name of qualification||Name of qualification: Plovbni tehnik/plovbna tehnicaAdd to comparison|
|Translated title (no legal status)||Translated title: Nautical Technician|
|Type of qualification||Type of qualification: Upper secondary technical education|
|Category of qualification||Category of qualification: Educational Qualification|
|Type of education||Type of education: Upper secondary technical education|
Duration of education:
|Credits||Credits: 240 credits|
|ISCED subfield||subfield: transport services|
Certificate holders will be able to:
- manoeuvre and manage a ship, cargo and people in accordance with the requirements of international rules and conventions,
- plan, lead and organise, travel and command,
- use modern navigation equipment to determine position and safely and economically conduct the vessel on a selected navigation route,
- use safety, signalling and telecommunications equipment and ICT,
- take suitable measures in case of emergencies such as fire on board, water ingress, "man overboard" situations, search and rescue and abandoning ship,
- handle various types of cargo and stack, secure and maintain cargo,
- ensure the safety of navigation, cargo and people, and protect the marine environment in accordance with international conventions, regulations and customs,
- provide first aid to injured persons and care for a patient;
- use different types of maritime communication and communicate clearly, comprehensibly and succinctly (in English) in line with maritime customs,
- manage ship's administration and administrative procedures in international maritime transport,
- work as part of a team in a ship's living and working environment and cooperate with engine room personnel;
- manoeuvre and manage a ship, cargo and people – oil tankers,
- manoeuvre and manage a ship, cargo and people – gas and chemical tankers,
- manoeuvre and manage a ship, cargo and people – bulk carriers,
- manoeuvre and manage a ship, cargo and people – passenger ships.
Certificate holders will also have built on their key vocational knowledge and abilities with key general knowledge in line with national standards.
Students' vocational abilities and skills and the fulfilment of conditions to obtain credits in accordance with the relevant education programme are established through verification and assessment. Assessment of students also takes into account non-formally acquired knowledge, which must be adequately demonstrated. Students are assessed using grades from 5 (excellent) to 1 (inadequate).
Students may progress to the next year if at the end of the academic year they pass all general education subjects and relevant vocational modules set out in the school’s operational curriculum, and have completed all extracurricular activities and practical on-the-job training, or progress on the basis of a programme faculty decision.
Plovbni tehnik/plovbna tehnica
The Career path tab shows the possible career path within the selected qualification area, which is not the only one and is not mandatory. The actual transition between qualifications, which is determined by law, is defined in the Transition tab.
SQF 6 / EQF 5
Matura/vocational course, higher vocational education (SQF level 6), professional higher education (SQF level 7) and academic higher education (SQF level 7)
Students must successfully (i.e. with passing grades) complete general education subjects, compulsory and elective vocational modules, and the open part of the curriculum. They must also complete extracurricular activities work placement requirements and pass the vocational matura examination.
Vocational and technical secondary schools and adult education institutions.
URLAwarding body URL:
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework Brdo Congress Centre, Predoslje 39, 4000...