Doktor znanosti/doktorica znanosti s področja pomorstvo in promet
|Name of qualification||Name of qualification: Doktor znanosti/doktorica znanosti s področja pomorstvo in prometAdd to comparison|
|Translated title (no legal status)||Translated title: Doctor of Philosophy in the field of maritime studies and transport|
|Type of qualification||Type of qualification: Doctorate|
|Category of qualification||Category of qualification: Educational Qualification|
|Type of education||Type of education: Doctoral education|
Duration of education:
|Credits||Credits: 180 credits|
Enrolment in the Maritime Studies and Transport doctoral study programme is also open to graduates of foreign universities. The equivalence of prior learning in another country is established by means of the procedure for the recognition of foreign qualifications for the purposes of continuing education, in accordance with the regulations that apply to the University of Ljubljana.
|ISCED subfield||subfield: transport services|
Students will be able to:
- identify, understand and define fundamental scientific problems,
- resolve complex user-centric scientific challenges and in this connection organise and coordinate research and development work in the field of maritime studies and transport,
- show a capacity for abstraction with well-developed critical, analytical and synthetic thinking,
- identify the necessary data for the formulation of new knowledge and technical/technological and organisational solutions,
- make interdisciplinary connections between scientific findings,
- work as part of a team in a narrower or broader interdisciplinary field,
- formulate new theoretical knowledge and applied technical solutions based on it, taking into account environmental and social responsibility and observing the engineering code of ethics,
- use modern research methods and procedures,
- communicate with a specialised public in various ways,
- critically assess and present own research results, keep abreast of development around the world and in this connection pursue further independent learning and research and keep abreast of literature.
Students' knowledge is assessed by means of practical exercises and seminar papers, and also via products, projects, performances, services, etc. and by examinations. Examination performance is scored as follows: 10 (excellent); 9 (very good: above-average knowledge but with some mistakes); 8 (very good: solid results); 7 (good); 6 (adequate: knowledge satisfies minimum criteria); 5–1 (inadequate). In order to pass an examination, a candidate must achieve a grade between adequate (6) and excellent (10).
In order to progress to the next year, students must obtain confirmation of the previous year and have completed all teaching and research tasks envisaged by the programme for that year; for enrolment in an individual year, they must have completed the following: for enrolment in the second year, at least 50 credits, including at least 20 from taught course units from the first year; for enrolment in the third year, all taught course units from the first and second years and an approved doctoral dissertation topic.
In order to complete the doctoral programme in Maritime Studies and Transport and obtain the academic title of doktor/doktorica znanosti, candidates must successfully complete all course units defined by the programme and successfully defend a doctoral dissertation. The entire programme consists of 180 credits.
Faculty of Maritime Studies and Transport, University of Ljubljana
URLAwarding body URL:
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework Brdo Congress Centre, Predoslje 39, 4000...