|Name of qualification||Name of qualification: Picopek/picopekinjaAdd to comparison|
|Translated title (no legal status)||Translated title: Pizza cook|
|Type of qualification||Type of qualification: National vocational qualification, SQF level 4|
|Category of qualification||Category of qualification: Vocational Qualification|
|ISCED subfield||subfield: hotel, restaurants and catering|
Candidates will be able to:
- plan, prepare and oversee own work and plan and oversee the work of others in accordance with work quality standards in the catering sector,
- make responsible and economical use of raw materials, equipment, in the preparation and cooking of pizzas,
- maintain personal hygiene and a hygienic working environment and diligently attend to the implementation of HACCP regulations throughout the pizza preparation process,
- in the course of their work, communicate autonomously with co-workers, suppliers and guests,
- autonomously prepare a wood-fired or electric/gas oven for baking pizzas, maintain it at a suitable temperature and ensure its cleanliness,
- autonomously arrange the entire mise en place for the preparation of pizzas,
- autonomously prepare pizza dough to a prescribed recipe and procedure and pizza toppings using mechanical and thermal processes and supplementary cooking procedures,
- autonomously make a pizza to order, taking into account the range offered by the pizzeria, and bake it correctly so as to conform to the pizzeria's quality standards,
- serve a pizza or prepare it for transport in accordance with quality standards,
- autonomously ensure a suitable level of stocks from the point of view of the quality and quantity of raw materials.
Verification and assessment are carried out by committees for the verification and validation of national vocational qualifications, appointed by the National Examination Centre (NEC). Committee members must be licensed by the National Examination Centre. Licences may be found here.
During the guidance process the candidate prepares a portfolio, which is assessed by a committee. If the portfolio submitted by the candidate contains authentic, valid and adequate proof of the knowledge,
skills and competences defined in the occupational standard, the committee may:
- validate the contents of the occupational standard in full,
- validate the contents of the occupational standard in part and define the knowledge, skills and competence to be verified,
- refuse to validate any of the contents of the occupational standard because the candidate has not provided proof of any of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the occupational standard, in which case it will verify the occupational standard in full.
- practical verification and oral presentation
The Career path tab shows the possible career path within the selected qualification area, which is not the only one and is not mandatory. The actual transition between qualifications, which is determined by law, is defined in the Transition tab.
SQF 5 / EQF 4
Candidates demonstrate attainment of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the catalogue of standards of vocational knowledge and skills.
Providers of procedures for identifying and validating NVQs are entered in a register of providers maintained in the collection of the national information centre for vocational qualifications. These are: vocational schools, businesses, B2B training centres, adult education centres and chambers of commerce.
URLAwarding body URL:
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework Brdo Congress Centre, Predoslje 39, 4000...