|Name of qualification||Name of qualification: Dietni/dietna kuhar/kuharicaAdd to comparison|
|Translated title (no legal status)||Translated title: Dietary cook|
|Type of qualification||Type of qualification: National vocational qualification, SQF level 5|
|Category of qualification||Category of qualification: Vocational Qualification|
|ISCED subfield||subfield: hotel, restaurants and catering|
Candidates will be able to:
- autonomously plan, prepare and oversee their own work and the work of others in accordance with work quality standards in the preparation of dietary dishes,
- make responsible and economical use of raw materials, equipment, energy and time in their work,
- maintain personal hygiene and a hygienic working environment, protect their own health and the environment, diligently attend to the implementation of HACCP regulations and assuring quality throughout the dietary food preparation process,
- in their own work communicate autonomously with co-workers and suppliers,
- put together bills of fare for diets in cooperation with a responsible person while observing the norms and rules of the profession,
- autonomously prepare dietary dishes and beverages on the basis of recipes, using processes of mechanical and heat treatment of foodstuffs and additional culinary procedures in accordance with dietary and culinary requirements
- autonomously serve and distribute dietary food and beverages while observing quality norms and standards connected to food distribution.
Verification and assessment are carried out by committees for the verification and validation of national vocational qualifications, appointed by the National Examination Centre (NEC). Committee members must be licensed by the National Examination Centre. Licences may be found here.
During the guidance process the candidate prepares a portfolio, which is assessed by a committee. If the portfolio submitted by the candidate contains authentic, valid and adequate proof of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the occupational standard, the committee may:
- validate the contents of the occupational standard in full,
- validate the contents of the occupational standard in part and define the knowledge, skills and competence to be verified,
- refuse to validate any of the contents of the occupational standard because the candidate has not provided proof of any of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the occupational standard, in which case it will verify the occupational standard in full.
- Practical verification and oral presentation.
The Career path tab shows the possible career path within the selected qualification area, which is not the only one and is not mandatory. The actual transition between qualifications, which is determined by law, is defined in the Transition tab.
SQF 6 / EQF 5
Candidates demonstrate attainment of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the catalogue of standards of vocational knowledge and skills.
Providers of procedures for identifying and validating NVQs are entered in a register of providers maintained in the collection of the national information centre for vocational qualifications. These are: vocational schools, businesses, B2B training centres, adult education centres and chambers of commerce.
URLAwarding body URL:
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework Brdo Congress Centre, Predoslje 39, 4000...