Menedžer/menedžerka za področje hrane in pijač
|Name of qualification||Name of qualification: Menedžer/menedžerka za področje hrane in pijačAdd to comparison|
|Translated title (no legal status)||Translated title: Food and drinks manager|
|Type of qualification||Type of qualification: National vocational qualification, SQF level 6|
|Category of qualification||Category of qualification: Vocational Qualification|
|ISCED subfield||subfield: hotel, restaurants and catering|
Candidates will be able to:
- autonomously plan, prepare and evaluate their own work, as demonstrated in results, and delegate work to employees using leadership skills in accordance with work quality standards in the catering and tourism sectors,
- communicate autonomously with co-workers, clients and guests in the course of their work in Slovene and two foreign languages, taking into account the principles of successful communication and business etiquette,
- diligently and thoroughly guide and monitor the implementation of HACCP regulations and standards, occupational health and safety regulations and environmental protection principles in food and drinks departments,
- process, analyse and interpret data for the adoption of business decisions using information and communication technology and software specific to the catering and hotel sectors,
- diligently plan and organise the work of food and drinks departments, with due attention to the economical use of raw materials, equipment, energy, time and human resources,
- standardise and supervise work processes in catering in order to achieve and implement higher quality and maximisation of services in the food and drinks field in accordance with guidelines, existing standards and the strategy of the company,
- cooperate proactively in the development of new products or services for sale and on setting prices with the sales department, the marketing department, the revenue manager (package sales) and the company director,
- monitor costs and operating revenues on an annual and monthly basis, make calculations for food and drinks and ensure costs optimisation in food and drinks departments.
Verification and assessment are carried out by committees for the verification and validation of national vocational qualifications, appointed by the National Examination Centre (NEC). Committee members must be licensed by the National Examination Centre. Licences may be found here.
During the guidance process the candidate prepares a portfolio, which is evaluated by a committee. If the candidate has submitted authentic, valid and relevant proof of knowledge, skills and competences from the operational standard, the committee may:
- validate the contents of the occupational standard in full,
- validate the contents of the occupational standard in part and define the knowledge, skills and competence to be verified,
- refuse to validate any of the contents of the occupational standard because the candidate has not provided proof of any of the knowledge, skills and competences under the occupational standard, in which case it will verify the occupational standard in full.
A. The committee will verify the candidate using the product with oral presentation method in the event that the candidate fails to demonstrate to a sufficient extent (or at all) the required knowledge, skills and competences from the following operations: - strategically plans the work of food and drinks departments in cooperation with management - cooperates proactively and innovatively in the design of new products for sale, sales packages or services and prices wih the sales department, the marketing department and the director of the company - carries out calculations for food and drinks and calculates costs, and in cooperation with the sales department formulates prices of services. Candidates may complete the product before verification. Instructions for preparation of the product and the task which the candidate must perform with the product are determined in advance by the committee after examining the candidate's portfolio. Through the product, candidates demonstrate their mastery of the required vocational competences according to the requirements of the occupational standard. On presentation of the product at the verification, the candidate will also give an oral presentation of the task performed, which will include verification of skills and knowledge relating to the specific operational component in accordance with the occupational standard "Food and drinks manager".
B. The Committee will verify candidates using the method of practical verification with oral presentation in the event that a candidate fails to demonstrate to a satisfactory extent (or at all) the required knowledge, skills and competences from all other operational components. In the practical assignment, candidates demonstrate their proficiency in the required vocational competences according to the requirements of the occupational standard. The practical assignment may be accompanied by an oral presentation of the task performed, consisting of a presentation of the work done and a verification of knowledge relating to the specific operational component in accordance with the occupational standard "Food and drinks manager".
Candidates demonstrate attainment of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the catalogue of standards of vocational knowledge and skills.
Providers of procedures for identifying and validating NVQs are entered in a register of providers maintained in the collection of the national information centre for vocational qualifications. These are: vocational schools, businesses, B2B training centres, adult education centres and chambers of commerce.
URLAwarding body URL:
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework Brdo Congress Centre, Predoslje 39, 4000...