Magister turizma/magistrica turizma
|Name of qualification||Name of qualification: Magister turizma/magistrica turizmaAdd to comparison|
|Translated title (no legal status)||Translated title: Master of Arts in tourism|
|Type of qualification||Type of qualification: Master’s degree|
|Category of qualification||Category of qualification: Educational Qualification|
|Type of education||Type of education: Master's education|
Duration of education:
|Credits||Credits: 120 credits|
|ISCED subfield||subfield: travel, tourism and leisure|
A student is qualified to:
- understand and resolve specific problems relating to service activities, particularly in the tourism and hotel sector, using scientific research methods and critical assessment methods,
- recognise opportunities and threats on the global tourism market, particularly in the EU, and implement organisational changes based on that ability,
- enhance understanding of tourism as a social phenomenon and its impact on the environment, and national and international economy,
- analyse specifics when formulating contractual relationships that tourism organisations enter into to perform their activities,
- study and analyse status and contractual links between tourism companies and their business units (e.g. concerns, hotel chains, etc.),
- identify key strengths and weaknesses, and the economic effects of tourism in the implementation of sustainable development,
- use methodologies when researching purchasing and sales markets for the needs of tourism and hotel companies,
- define key elements of the marketing mix and formulate operating strategies for tourism and hotel companies,
- use analytical processes linked to the marketable activity of an organisation and to understand in full marketing processes on the purchasing and sales sides in the context of increasing globalisation (inter-cultural differences and specifics),
- take on the most demanding tasks in planning, formulating, developing and managing contemporary business systems in the tourism sector, hotel industry and other service activities,
- link knowledge from various areas (interdisciplinary),
- be familiar with certain tools to assess own cultural orientation and the cultural orientation of others,
- use information and communication technologies and systems in the tourism sector,
- understand national and regional European policies, and regional issues for the formulation of regional development programmes,
- demonstrate knowledge of the characteristics of individual business functions as they relate to revenue management and their role in improving the revenue approach in the tourism sector,
- understand the importance of the abilities of personnel to work in the tourism sector, from planning, recruiting and training, to remunerating and comprehensive professional development,
- recognise the specifics of the organisational structure of accounting in the hotel industry and understand the importance of international accounting standards to the aforementioned industry, and
- identify the costs and revenues generated by the natural environment, control them and determine their effect on a company’s profit.
Students must meet requirements totalling 40 ECTS credits to progress from the first year to the second year.
Magister turizma/magistrica turizma
The Career path tab shows the possible career path within the selected qualification area, which is not the only one and is not mandatory. The actual transition between qualifications, which is determined by law, is defined in the Transition tab.
SQF 10 / EQF 8
Third-cycle doctoral study programmes (SQF level 10)
All requirements prescribed in a programme must be met and a master’s thesis written and successfully presented for the completion of studies. A total of 120 ECTS credits must be accumulated.
Faculty of Commercial and Business Sciences
URLAwarding body URL:
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework Brdo Congress Centre, Predoslje 39, 4000...
© Center RS za poklicno izobraževanje, 2018. All rights reserved