Magister inženir računalništva in informatike/magistrica inženirka računalništva in informatike
|Name of qualification||
Name of qualificationMagister inženir računalništva in informatike/magistrica inženirka računalništva in informatikeAdd to comparison
|Translated title (no legal status)||
Translated titleMaster’s degree in computer and information technology engineering
|Type of qualification||
Type of qualificationMaster’s degree
|Category of qualification||
Category of qualificationEducational Qualification
|Type of education||
Type of educationMaster's education
Duration of education
Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs)
SQF LevelSQF 8
EQF LevelEQF 7
EOVK LevelSecond level
A student is qualified to:
- develop critical, analytical and synthetic thinking,
- define, understand and creatively address professional challenges in computer and information science fields,
- use acquired knowledge to independently resolve technical and scientific problems relating to computer and information science, and enhance previously acquired knowledge,
- master research methods in the field of computer science,
- manage research, industrial, pedagogical and other processes in the field of computer and information science in administrative terms,
- communicate technically in writing in the field of computer and information science in the student’s native language and at least one foreign language,
- share knowledge,
- search for sources and critically assess information,
- respect security, functional, economic and environmental protection principles,
- work in a professional group, and
- develop professional responsibility and ethics.
- demonstrate basic theoretical knowledge, practical knowledge and skills essential for the field of computer and information science,
- demonstrate in-depth understanding and the ability to integrate computer and information science knowledge in other relevant technical and vocational fields (e.g. economics, organisational sciences, etc.),
- transfer knowledge to co-workers in technological and research groups,
- demonstrate practical knowledge and skills in the use of software, hardware and information technologies that are necessary for the successful work of an expert in the field of computer and information science, and
- independently perform complex developmental engineering and organisational tasks and less complex research tasks in areas relating to own work, and
- continue studies in the third cycle and at the doctoral level.
Assessment and completion
Assesment and completion
Examination performance is scored as follows: 10 (excellent); 9 (very good: above-average knowledge but with some mistakes); 8 (very good: solid results); 7 (good); 6 (adequate: knowledge satisfies minimum criteria); 5–1 (inadequate). In order to pass an examination, a candidate must achieve a grade between adequate (6) and excellent (10).
All first-year examinations must be completed to progress to the second year.
Third-cycle doctoral study programmes (SQF level 10)
Condition for obtaining certificate
Conditions for obtaining a public document
Fulfilment of all prescribed requirements totalling at least 96 credits, master’s thesis drawn up and submitted in accordance with the relevant rules, assessed at 24 credits, and the successful public presentation of the master’s thesis.
University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Computer and Information Science
Awarding body URL
Introductory International Conference: Monitoring the Implementation of the Slovenian Qualifications Framework
Slovenian National Coordination Point for EQF in cooperation with the European Center for the Development of Vocational...