Doktor znanosti/doktorica znanosti s področja računalništva in informatike
|Name of qualification||
Name of qualificationDoktor znanosti/doktorica znanosti s področja računalništva in informatike Add to comparison
|Translated title (no legal status)||
Translated titleDoctorate in the field of computer and information science
|Type of qualification||
Type of qualificationDoctorate
|Category of qualification||
Category of qualificationEducational Qualification
|Type of education||
Type of educationDoctoral education
Duration of education
Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs)
SQF LevelSQF 10
EQF LevelEQF 8
EOVK LevelThird level
A student is qualified to:
- think analytically and break down complex problems and situations,
- understand complex natural, technical, technological, economic-entrepreneurial and social situations and models,
- formulate and express expert opinions supported by well-argued positions from the profession and science,
- demonstrate a critical approach to research, responsibility, initiative and independence in scientific experiments and development tasks,
- understand scientific methodologies, methods and techniques, as well as development and technological requirements that arise in the economy, and
- demonstrate sound understanding of the basics of patent engineering, the introduction of technical and technological improvements and their linking with scientific research and their importance for social development.
- demonstrate broad knowledge of computer and information technologies, appropriate for research in several specific specialisations, such as intelligent systems, multimodal human-machine interfaces, ubiquitous computing, software engineering, information technologies and services, etc.,
- possess sound knowledge of mathematical-technical devices to understand the functioning of and analyse and synthesise computer and information models and systems,
- demonstrate superior mastery of methodologies and techniques of scientific and development research, and of scientific communication, and
- research, develop and synthesise new methods, procedures or devices derived from analyses, and simulate complex problems and situations and experiments to confirm sound hypotheses and solutions.
Assessment and completion
Assesment and completion
Examination performance is scored as follows: 10 (excellent); 9 (very good: above-average knowledge but with some mistakes); 8 (very good: solid results); 7 (good); 6 (adequate: knowledge satisfies minimum criteria); 5–1 (inadequate). In order to pass an examination, a candidate must achieve a grade between adequate (6) and excellent (10).
Students progress to the second year if they have met first-year requirements and accumulated at least 40 ECTS credits. They must also sit for an examination in the subject Scientific Research Work Methods and complete Seminar 1. Students progress to the third year if they have completed all first-year examinations and accumulated at least 40 additional ECTS credits by completing second-year examinations. They must also complete Seminar 2.
Condition for obtaining certificate
Conditions for obtaining a public document
Students must meet all prescribed requirements of a study programme and accumulate at least 180 ECTS credits.
University of Maribor, Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
Awarding body URL
Introductory International Conference: Monitoring the Implementation of the Slovenian Qualifications Framework
Slovenian National Coordination Point for EQF in cooperation with the European Center for the Development of Vocational...