Lesarski tehnik/lesarska tehnica
|Name of qualification||Name of qualification: Lesarski tehnik/lesarska tehnicaAdd to comparison|
|Translated title (no legal status)||Translated title: Wood technician|
|Type of qualification||Type of qualification: Upper secondary technical education|
|Category of qualification||Category of qualification: Educational Qualification|
|Type of education||Type of education: Upper vocational-technical education|
Duration of education:
|Credits||Credits: 120 credits|
The programme can be attended by anyone who has completed the programme of secondary vocational education and acquired one of the following titles:
Engineering, manufacturing and construction
|ISCED subfield||subfield: materials (glass, paper, plastic and wood)|
The holder of the certificate is qualified to:
- select appropriate materials based on their properties by bearing in mind utilitarian and aesthetic properties of products;
- select appropriate construction binders in accordance with material and product purpose;
- determine patterns and optimum material use;
- set technology parameters in working solid wood and wood materials;
- design simpler technology procedures and provide for time planning of production;
- determine time and material to be spent and make calculations;
- elaborate technical documentation by using IT tools;
- plan and organise work place in the technology process;
- take into consideration and implement environment protection and health and safety at work regulations;
- act in line with project management principles;
Production process administration
- understand basic principles of business process practice, planning and cost management as well as quality management system;
- cooperate in product design by being acquainted with anthropometry, ergonomics and furniture styles throughout history;
Sawn wood manipulation and drying
- cooperate in work organisation at a sawn wood facility and in facility and machine management for technical wood drying.
In addition, the holder of the certificate also upgraded his/her key professional skills and competences with key general knowledge and skills in line with national standards.
Students' vocational abilities and skills and the fulfilment of conditions to obtain credits in accordance with the relevant education programme are established through verification and assessment. Assessment of students also takes into account non-formally acquired knowledge, which must be adequately demonstrated. Students are assessed using grades from 5 (excellent) to 1 (inadequate).
Students may progress to the next year if at the end of the academic year they achieve a passing grade in all general education subjects and relevant vocational modules set out in the school's operational curriculum, and have completed all extracurricular activities and practical on-the-job training, or progress on the basis of a programme faculty decision.
Lesarski tehnik/lesarska tehnica
The Career path tab shows the possible career path within the selected qualification area, which is not the only one and is not mandatory. The actual transition between qualifications, which is determined by law, is defined in the Transition tab.
SQF 6 / EQF 5
SQF 7 / EQF 6
Matura/vocational course, higher vocational education (SQF level 6), professional higher education (SQF level 7) and academic higher education (SQF level 7)
Students must successfully (i.e. with passing grades) complete all general education subjects, compulsory vocational modules, elective vocational modules and the open part of the curriculum. They must also complete extracurricular activities and work placement requirements and pass the vocational matura examination. The vocational matura comprises a compulsory section (written and oral examinations in Slovene and wood industry) and an elective section (written and oral examination in a foreign language or mathematics and a product/service with oral presentation).
Vocational and technical secondary schools and adult education institutions.
URLAwarding body URL:
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework Brdo Congress Centre, Predoslje 39, 4000...