Zaključno spričevalo osnovne šole
|Name of qualification||
Name of qualificationZaključno spričevalo osnovne šoleAdd to comparison
|Translated title (no legal status)||
Translated titleBasic school leaving certificate
|Type of qualification||
Type of qualificationBasic education with lower educational criteria
|Category of qualification||
Category of qualificationEducational Qualification
|Type of education||
Type of educationAdapted programme with lower educational criteria
Duration of education
SQF LevelSQF 1
EQF LevelEQF 1
Knowledge: level 1
- Acquires elementary general knowledge in the following fields: Slovene (Hungarian, Italian) language; mathematics; foreign language; biology; chemistry; physics; history; geography; citizenship and ethics; art; music; sport; technology; home economics.
Skills: level 1
- harmoniously develops his/her cognitive, emotional, physical, spiritual, social, artistic powers and potential;
- develops literacy and skills for understanding, communication and expression in the Slovene language (in areas with national minorities also in Italian or Hungarian);
- develops literacy and general knowledge in the fields of written texts, science/technology, mathematics, information technology, social sciences and art;
- develops the ability to communicate in foreign languages.
Competences: level 1
- develops capacity for further educational and vocational development with an emphasis on competences for lifelong learning;
- is educated for sustainable development and active participation in democratic society, which includes self-knowledge and a responsible attitude towards the self, own health, other people, own and other cultures, the natural and social environment, future generations;
- develops a spirit of enterprise, innovation, creativity.
Assessment and completion
Assesment and completion
System of assessment:
In the first triad (years 1–3) and second triad (years 4–6), students' knowledge is assessed using descriptive assessments, and in the third triad (years 7–9) using numerical grades.
At the end of the second and third triads, students' knowledge is tested by means of national assessment, which is designed to verify the standards of knowledge set out in the curriculum. Testing is voluntary.
The results of national assessment serve as additional information on students' knowledge.
Students in the first and second triads do not repeat years. Third-triad students progress to the next year if they achieve a positive assessment in all subjects at the end of the academic year.
Condition for obtaining certificate
Conditions for obtaining a public document
Basic schools issue certificates to students at the end of each year.
Basic schools issue school leaving certificates to students who complete basic education.
The school leaving certificate of a student who completes an adapted education programme with lower educational criteria contains the student's year 9 grades.
If the student passes over to the basic school education programme for individual subjects, this is stated in the school leaving certificate.
- Basic school (with special departments or units with adapted programme).
- Basic schools with adapted programme.
- Education centres for children with special need.
Home education possible.
Introductory International Conference: Monitoring the Implementation of the Slovenian Qualifications Framework
Slovenian National Coordination Point for EQF in cooperation with the European Center for the Development of Vocational...