Vzgojitelj predšolskih otrok/vzgojiteljica predšolskih otrok
|Name of qualification||
Name of qualificationVzgojitelj predšolskih otrok/vzgojiteljica predšolskih otrokAdd to comparison
|Translated title (no legal status)||
Translated titlePre-school teacher
|Type of qualification||
Type of qualificationUpper secondary technical education
|Category of qualification||
Category of qualificationEducational Qualification
|Type of education||
Type of educationUpper secondary technical education
Duration of education
SQF LevelSQF 5
EQF LevelEQF 4
Certificate-holders will be able to:
- ensure effective communication with children, their families, colleagues and various institutions,
- apply and connect modern theoretical and practical knowledge of teaching methods and other pedagogical approaches in pre-school education,
- encourage the development of motor skills and mental processes, social-emotional development and the development of speech,
- offer support to children in their personal development,
- ensure a constantly safe environment for the health of children and co-workers and own health,
- plan, record, analyse and evaluate classwork for cooperation in curriculum planning and implementation, based on understanding of the development of the child and guaranteeing the exercising of children's rights,
- plan and prepare various types of games and toys and lead and monitor children at play,
- encourage pre-school children to be creative in the fields of music, art, movement/dance and language for the development of motor, perceptual, cognitive and social-emotional skills using modern pedagogical methods and forms of work from individual fields of art,
- participate in the planning and implementation of activities to develop children's mathematical and logical thinking and the expression and recognition of basic mathematical concepts through everyday life situations,
- participate in the planning and implementation of activities to develop and support children's communication skills including (pre-)writing and (pre-) reading and linguistic expression,
- participate in the planning, organisation and implementation of natural/social science activities in the pre-school institution,
- encourage children's creativity in art through the use of modern methods and forms of teaching,
- encourage children's creativity in music through the use of modern methods and forms of teaching,
- encourage children's creativity in movement/dance through the use of modern methods and forms of teaching and by choreographing short dance sequences for children,
- plan, organise and implement sports activities for children,
- undertake lighting, set, make up and costume design and video and sound design for AV productions for the needs of the pre-school institution.
Certificate holders supplement their key vocational knowledge and abilities with key general knowledge in line with national standards.
Assessment and completion
Assesment and completion
Students' vocational abilities and skills and the fulfilment of conditions to obtain credits in accordance with the relevant education programme are established through verification and assessment. Assessment of students also takes into account non-formally acquired knowledge, which must be adequately demonstrated. Students are assessed using scores from 5 (excellent) to 1 (inadequate).
Matura/vocational course, higher vocational education (SQF level 6), professional higher education (SQF level 7) and academic higher education (SQF level 7)
Condition for obtaining certificate
Conditions for obtaining a public document
Students must successfully (i.e. with positive scores) complete all general education subjects, compulsory vocational modules, elective vocational modules and the open part of the curriculum. They must also complete extracurricular activities and work placement requirements and pass the vocational matura examination.
The vocational matura consists of a compulsory section (written and oral examinations in Slovene and pre-school education) and an elective section (written and oral examinations in a foreign language or mathematics and a practical demonstration/oral presentation).
Vocational and technical secondary schools and adult education institutions
Awarding body URL
Introductory International Conference: Monitoring the Implementation of the Slovenian Qualifications Framework
Slovenian National Coordination Point for EQF in cooperation with the European Center for the Development of Vocational...