Mizar restavratorski sodelavec/mizarka restavratorska sodelavka
|Name of qualification||Name of qualification: Mizar restavratorski sodelavec/mizarka restavratorska sodelavkaAdd to comparison|
|Translated title (no legal status)||Translated title: Joiner, restoration assistant|
|Type of qualification||Type of qualification: National vocational qualification, SQF level 5|
|Category of qualification||Category of qualification: Vocational Qualification|
Arts and humanities
|ISCED subfield||subfield: handicrafts|
Candidates will be able to:
- undertake all phases of work in cooperation and agreement with experts from the cultural heritage protection service;
- pay due heed in their work to experts responsible for the protection and conservation of cultural heritage and consistently observe cultural heritage protection legislation;
- accept and review technical documentation and normative acts and other requirements of the cultural heritage protection service and plan their work accordingly;
- work wooden material and make joinery products in an old (historical) and modern style;
- assess the causes and degree of damage to joinery products;
- clean lightly damaged joinery products, carry out necessary maintenance and additionally protect them as necessary; work manually and using machines;
- remove badly damaged joinery products, organise their transport and reinstall after completion of repairs or the creation of a replica, additionally protecting as necessary; work manually and using machines;
- if new discoveries are made during the planned process of work that affect the progress of work or even require changes (to planning, preparation and implementation), inform the responsible expert from the competent cultural heritage protection service;
- document key phases of the intervention (with words, drawings and photographs).
Verification and assessment are carried out by committees for the verification and validation of national vocational qualifications, appointed by the National Examination Centre (NEC). Committee members must be licensed by the National Examination Centre. Licences may be found here.
During the guidance process the candidate prepares a portfolio, which is evaluated by a committee. If the candidate has submitted authentic, valid and relevant proof of knowledge, skills and competences from the operational standard, the committee may:
- validate the contents of the occupational standard in full,
- validate the contents of the occupational standard in part and define the knowledge, skills and competence to be verified,
- refuse to validate any of the contents of the occupational standard because the candidate has not provided proof of any of the knowledge, skills and competences under the occupational standard, in which case it will verify the occupational standard in full.
Candidates complete a practical assignment to demonstrate their mastery of the required vocational competences according to the requirements of the occupational standard and technical documentation.
- The completion of the practical assignment is accompanied by an oral presentation.
Candidates demonstrate attainment of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the catalogue of standards of vocational knowledge and skills.
Providers of procedures for identifying and validating NVQs are entered in a register of providers maintained in the collection of the national information centre for vocational qualifications. These are: vocational schools, businesses, B2B training centres, adult education centres and chambers of commerce.
URLAwarding body URL:
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework Brdo Congress Centre, Predoslje 39, 4000...