Medkulturni mediator/medkulturna mediatorka
|Name of qualification||Name of qualification: Medkulturni mediator/medkulturna mediatorkaAdd to comparison|
|Translated title (no legal status)||Translated title: Intercultural mediator|
|Type of qualification||Type of qualification: National vocational qualification, SQF level 6|
|Category of qualification||Category of qualification: Vocational Qualification|
Health and welfare
|ISCED subfield||subfield: social work and counselling|
The candidate is able to:
- plan and organize their work activities in the field of intercultural mediation,
- act as a communication bridge between persons whose first language is not Slovene and stakeholders in the field of integration / integration of immigrants,
- establish and facilitate intercultural communication and operate in an institutional and non-institutional environment,
- establish an open attitude towards the linguistic, cultural and other diversity of target groups,
- to respect the principles of interculturality, based on respect for the diversity of people, coexistence between them and overcoming stereotypes and prejudices,
- to ensure the quality and efficiency of work, to be focused on achieving solutions to a given situation,
- protect health and the environment and use modern information and communication tools,
- take care of their own professional development in the field of integration / integration of immigrants.
Verification and assessment are carried out by committees for the verification and validation of national vocational qualifications, appointed by the National Examination Centre (NEC). Committee members must be licensed by the National Examination Centre. Licences may be found here.
During the guidance process the candidate prepares a portfolio, which is evaluated by a committee. If the candidate has submitted authentic, valid and relevant proof of knowledge, skills and competences from the operational standard, the committee may:
- validate the contents of the occupational standard in full,
- validate the contents of the occupational standard in part and define the knowledge, skills and competence to be verified,
- refuse to validate any of the contents of the occupational standard because the candidate has not provided proof of any of the knowledge, skills and competences under the occupational standard, in which case it will verify the occupational standard in full.
METHODS OF VERIFICATION OF VOCATIONAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Practical verification with an oral presentation.
Candidates demonstrate attainment of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the catalogue of standards of vocational knowledge and skills.
Providers of procedures for identifying and validating NVQs are entered in a register of providers maintained in the collection of the national information centre for vocational qualifications. These are: vocational schools, businesses, B2B training centres, adult education centres and chambers of commerce.
URLAwarding body URL:
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework Brdo Congress Centre, Predoslje 39, 4000...