Kozmetični tehnik SI/kozmetična tehnica SI
|Name of qualification||Name of qualification: Kozmetični tehnik SI/kozmetična tehnica SIAdd to comparison|
|Translated title (no legal status)||Translated title: Cosmetic technician SI|
|Type of qualification||Type of qualification: Upper secondary technical education|
|Category of qualification||Category of qualification: Educational Qualification|
|Type of education||Type of education: Upper secondary technical education|
Duration of education:
|Credits||Credits: 253 credits|
|ISCED subfield||subfield: hair and beauty services|
Certificate-holders will be able to:
• prepare customers, the work area, cosmetic apparatus and products for facial and body care, manicure, pedicure, make-up and classic hand massage, and provide these services in a professional manner,
• provide advice in addressing aesthetic and cosmetic problems and in the selection, correct use and storage of cosmetic products,
• identify the stability of cosmetic products and demonstrate familiarity with basic procedures for the control of cosmetic products, legislation covering the field of cosmetic products, health and safety regulations and environmental protection regulations,
• manufacture basic technological forms of cosmetic products for care of the face and body, manicure, pedicure, make-up and massage, and demonstrate familiarity with more complex modern forms,
• select appropriate apparatus for cosmetic care and use and maintain them correctly,
• implement protective measures for safe work in the cosmetic profession,
• actively care for their own health and the health of customers and carry out activities to promote a healthy lifestyle at all stages of life,
• show a positive attitude towards measures to reduce pollution and protect the environment, and towards the rational use of energy and materials,
• cooperate in a group and communicate in writing and orally with co-workers, experts and customers using basic professional terminology;
• use modern IT, work with resources, data and materials,
• demonstrate understanding of the role of entrepreneurship and familiarity with the enterprise process, financial operations and business plans.
• advise customers in the selection and use of make-up products and accessories, apply individual, purpose-specific and special make-up and paint the face and body,
• advise customers in the selection and use of manicure products and accessories, carry out basic and special cosmetic care of hands and nails, nail polishing, painting and modelling, and protection of skin and nails following cosmetic care,
• advise customers on foot care and the use of pedicure products and accessories and carry out pedicures with regard to the needs of the customer, while observing hygiene standards,
• advise customers in the selection of massage techniques, massage accessories and products and perform a massage using various classic body massage techniques.
The programme is adapted for provision in Slovene as the language of instruction in the ethnically mixed area of Slovenian Istria and also has the following special objectives:
• to develop communication skills in Italian and Slovene,
• to develop knowledge of the natural, cultural and historical heritage of the Italian national community and its mother nation,
• to teach respect for and understanding of ethnic and cultural diversity and promote cooperation between members of the Slovene nation and Italian national community. Certificate holders build on their key vocational knowledge and abilities with key general knowledge in line with national standards.
Students' vocational competences and skills, and the fulfilment of conditions to obtain credits in accordance with the education programme are established through testing and assessment. Assessment of students also takes into account non-formally acquired knowledge, which must be adequately demonstrated. Students are assessed using scores from 5 (excellent) to 1 (inadequate).
Students may progress to the next year if at the end of the academic year they achieve a positive assessment in all general education subjects and relevant vocational modules set out in the school's operational curriculum and have completed all extracurricular activities and work placement requirements.
Kozmetični tehnik SI/kozmetična tehnica SI
The possible career path within the field of the selected qualification is shown. For the possibility of further education at a higher level, see the 'Transition' tab.
Matura/vocational course, higher vocational education (SQF level 6), professional higher education (SQF level 7) and academic higher education (SQF level 7)
Students must successfully (i.e. with positive scores) complete general education subjects, compulsory and elective vocational modules, and the open part of the curriculum. They must also complete extracurricular activities and work placement requirements and pass the vocational matura examination. The vocational matura comprises a compulsory section (written and oral examinations in Slovene and healthcare) and an elective section (written and oral examination in mathematics, a foreign language or Italian, and service with oral presentation).
Secondary vocational and technical schools.
URLAwarding body URL:
Introductory International Conference: Monitoring the Implementation of the Slovenian Qualifications Framework
Slovenian National Coordination Point for EQF in cooperation with the European Center for the Development of Vocational...