|Name of qualification||Name of qualification: AV montažerAdd to comparison|
|Translated title (no legal status)||Translated title: AV editor|
|Type of qualification||Type of qualification: National vocational qualification, SQF level 6|
|Category of qualification||Category of qualification: Vocational Qualification|
Arts and humanities
|ISCED subfield||subfield: audio-visual techniques and media production|
The candidates are able to:
- Plan and organise their own work and take part in the planning of the work of implementation teams in the implementation of AV-editing;
- Take into account the principles of rational use of energy, materials and time, and develop entrepreneurial characteristics, skills and behaviour;
- Communicate with co-workers and business partners and use modern communication technology in the process;
- Perform the work in the manner as to not pose a threat to themselves and the environment;
- Ensure the quality and successfulness of their own work and follow professional developments;
- Carry out imports and preparation of AV-footage;
- Carry out the editing of the video and sound of the AV material;
- Prepare AV-material for finalisation and/or distribution.
Verification and assessment are carried out by committees for the verification and validation of national vocational qualifications, appointed by the National Examination Centre (NEC). Committee members must be licensed by the National Examination Centre. Licences may be found here.
During the guidance process the candidate prepares a portfolio, which is evaluated by a committee. If the candidate has submitted authentic, valid and relevant proof of knowledge, skills and competences from the operational standard, the committee may:
- validate the contents of the occupational standard in full,
- validate the contents of the occupational standard in part and define the knowledge, skills and competence to be verified,
- refuse to validate any of the contents of the occupational standard because the candidate has not provided proof of any of the knowledge, skills and competences under the occupational standard, in which case it will verify the occupational standard in full.
The candidates prepare and defend at the assessment interview an AV-product of maximum 10 minutes in length in an appropriate format/on an appropriate medium (DVD, USB; electronic portal, etc.), with a description of the editing process (synopsis – first draft, time and technology plan, etc.
It is the commission that determines the degree of the finalisation of the evaluated AV-product in relation to the evaluation of the personal collection folder of any given candidate, whereby it chooses from one or several elements of an AV editor’s work (a more detailed description is provided in item 11 of this catalogue). The candidates also attach to their AV-product the documentation on the editing procedure (view of the timeline and toolbox, screenshots, etc.
The candidates will defend their:
- Basic AV-editing (combination of shots)
- Further processing (sound, graphics, transitions, music, colour correction, special effects, etc.).
A candidate demonstrates the attainment of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the catalogue of standards of vocational knowledge and skills.
Providers of procedures for identifying and validating NVQs are entered in a register of providers maintained in the collection of the national information centre for vocational qualifications. These are: vocational schools, businesses, B2B training centres, adult education centres and chambers of commerce.
URLAwarding body URL:
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework Brdo Congress Centre, Predoslje 39, 4000...