Umetnostni kovač/umetnostna kovačica
|Name of qualification||Name of qualification: Umetnostni kovač/umetnostna kovačicaAdd to comparison|
|Translated title (no legal status)||Translated title: Artistic blacksmith|
|Type of qualification||Type of qualification: National vocational qualification, SQF level 4|
|Category of qualification||Category of qualification: Vocational Qualification|
Arts and humanities
|ISCED subfield||subfield: handicrafts|
The candidate is able to:
- plan, carry out and control their own work, taking care of keeping appropriate documentation,
- to ensure the quality and thus the financial success of its work, while respecting the principles of rational use of energy and time,
- make a workshop drawing and prepare a furnace, machines, devices and tools for forging,
- forge elements, combine them into products, protect and assemble them, and keep records of production and sales,
- procure and store material and tools,
- repair and maintain forging products, tools and forging machines,
- communicate independently with clients and the professional public, taking into account the principles of successful communication and business etiquette using modern information and communication technology,
- comprehensively and responsibly manage and monitor the implementation of regulations and standards regarding safety and health at work and environmental protection principles,
- to preserve and develop the cultural heritage of artistic blacksmithing, taking into account the guild tradition and development trends and its importance in Slovenia.
Verification and assessment are carried out by committees for the verification and validation of national vocational qualifications, appointed by the National Examination Centre (NEC). Committee members must be licensed by the National Examination Centre. Licences may be found here.
During the guidance process the candidate prepares a portfolio, which is evaluated by a committee. If the candidate has submitted authentic, valid and relevant proof of knowledge, skills and competences from the operational standard, the committee may:
- validate the contents of the occupational standard in full,
- validate the contents of the occupational standard in part and define the knowledge, skills and competence to be verified,
- refuse to validate any of the contents of the occupational standard because the candidate has not provided proof of any of the knowledge, skills and competences under the occupational standard, in which case it will verify the occupational standard in full.
Practical assessment with oral defense.
In a practical work assignment, the candidate demonstrates mastery of the required professional competencies according to the requirements of the professional standard. In addition to the practical assignment, an oral defense of the assignment is also performed. The oral defense includes an examination of knowledge in accordance with the professional standard Art Blacksmith / Art Blacksmith.
Candidates demonstrate attainment of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the catalogue of standards of vocational knowledge and skills.
Providers of procedures for identifying and validating NVQs are entered in a register of providers maintained in the collection of the national information centre for vocational qualifications. These are: vocational schools, businesses, B2B training centres, adult education centres and chambers of commerce.
URLAwarding body URL:
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework Brdo Congress Centre, Predoslje 39, 4000...