Spričevalo o splošni maturi
|Name of qualification||
Name of qualificationSpričevalo o splošni maturiAdd to comparison
|Translated title (no legal status)||
Translated titleGeneral matura certificate
|Type of qualification||
Type of qualificationUpper secondary general education
|Category of qualification||
Category of qualificationEducational Qualification
Duration of education
SQF LevelSQF 5
EQF LevelEQF 4
Knowledge: level 5
- Acquires knowledge necessary for further education at the higher education level.
- Acquires essential knowledge in a wide range of science, technology and arts disciplines: mathematics, Slovene, physics, chemistry, biology, geography, history, philosophy, psychology, foreign language, information technology and other (depending on the school profile or the choice of the student).
Among other things:
- is familiar with modern scientific concepts, understands the interdependence of phenomena, elements,
- knows the rules of standard literary Slovene,
- has studied a foreign language to level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages,
- is familiar with scientific language, has a good command of physical units for important physical quantities, is able to discuss own experiments and illustrate them with graphs, tables and mathematical expressions,
- has a comprehensive understanding of biological concepts and the connections between them, natural processes and the use of chemical methods in nature study,
- understands the most important factors, phenomena and processes of natural geography and social geography,
- can think in geographical terms about landscapes and people (describe a selected landscape and locate its position and role at the national, international and global level),
- is familiar with historical phenomena and processes from the perspective of the period in which they occurred and from the perspective of the present day,
- is familiar with ways of life and scientific achievements and their influence on economic processes, social relations and the environment in different historical periods,
- knows fundamental concepts and laws in psychology, philosophy and sociology,
- has a rational and critical understanding of sport as a social phenomenon.
Skills: level 5
- Practices cognitive skills such as observation, acquisition of knowledge, comparison, forming logical conclusions, generalisation.
- Develops abilities to apply simple research methods to obtain, arrange, interpret and communicate scientific or technical information.
- Is capable of producing effective, intelligible and linguistically correct oral and written texts in the appropriate register in his/her mother tongue.
- Develops multilingual capacity.
- Applies knowledge in the resolution of problems in connection with the sustainable
- use of natural resources, preservation of biodiversity and a high-quality environment.
- Uses digital technology to develop own knowledge and articulate it.
- Learns reflection on knowledge and values, identifies and develops problems.
- Develops sensitivity to artistic experience and expression.
- Develops motor and functional skills.
Competences: level 5
- Develops a capacity for autonomous critical judgement and responsible conduct.
- Develops complex lifelong learning capacity.
- Develops skills in interpersonal relations and learns effective communication, cooperation and quality and responsible relations.
- Develops responsibility for the natural environment and own health.
- Develops capacity for innovation.
Assessment and completion
Assesment and completion
System of assessment:
Students' attainment of the standards of knowledge defined by catalogues is established through testing and assessment. Students are assessed using grades from 5 (excellent) to 1 (inadequate).
Students progress to the next year if at the end of the academic year they achieve a positive assessment in all subjects.
The matura examination is taken following the successful completion of the fourth year gimnazija or after completion of a matura course. Candidates' success in the general matura is assessed using: a) points, b) percentages, c) grades from 1 to 5 or point scores from 1 to 8. Candidates must achieve a positive score in all subjects in order to pass the general matura. The school issues successful candidates a general matura certificate and an attestation of success in the general matura examination.
matura/vocational course programmes (SQF level 5), higher vocational education (SQF level 6), professional higher education (SQF level 7), academic higher education (SQF level 7)
Condition for obtaining certificate
Conditions for obtaining a public document
Passing the matura examination.
Introductory International Conference: Monitoring the Implementation of the Slovenian Qualifications Framework
Slovenian National Coordination Point for EQF in cooperation with the European Center for the Development of Vocational...