|Name of qualification||Name of qualification: Snemalec/snemalkaAdd to comparison|
|Translated title (no legal status)||Translated title: Cameraman/camerawoman|
|Type of qualification||Type of qualification: National vocational qualification, SQF level 6|
|Category of qualification||Category of qualification: Vocational Qualification|
Arts and humanities
|ISCED subfield||subfield: audio-visual techniques and media production|
The candidates will be able to:
- Plan and organise their own work in collaboration with the other segments of production;
- Communicate with the recording team and use state-of-the-art information-communication technology, computer equipment and software tools;
- Take into account the principles of rational use of energy, materials and time, and develop entrepreneurial characteristics, skills and behaviour;
- Perform the work in the manner as to not pose a threat to themselves and the environment;
- Ensure the quality and successfulness of their own work and follow professional developments in the field of television techniques and technology, and of the profession in general;
- Collaborate with the production team in the drafting of the script;
- Express aesthetically and visually in accordance with the requirements of the project;
- Shoot footage and control video/filming and telecommunications technology;
- Lead and control the video/filming process.
Verification and assessment are carried out by committees for the verification and validation of national vocational qualifications, appointed by the National Examination Centre (NEC). Committee members must be licensed by the National Examination Centre. Licences may be found here.
During the guidance process the candidate prepares a portfolio, which is evaluated by a committee. If the candidate has submitted authentic, valid and relevant proof of knowledge, skills and competences from the operational standard, the committee may:
- validate the contents of the occupational standard in full,
- validate the contents of the occupational standard in part and define the knowledge, skills and competence to be verified,
- refuse to validate any of the contents of the occupational standard because the candidate has not provided proof of any of the knowledge, skills and competences under the occupational standard, in which case it will verify the occupational standard in full.
The candidate prepares and then, as part of the assessment, defends a professional assignment, in which she/he describes the individual elements of the work of a cameraman/woman. They also attach to their professional assignment an AV-product in which they took part, in an appropriate format and on an appropriate medium (DVD, USB; electronic portal, etc.). The professional assignment includes:
- The preparation of the recording plan,
- The explanation of the choice of video recording and telecommunications equipment,
- How the rules on occupational health and safety and on fire prevention were adhered to during his/her work;
- The cameraman/camerawoman’s/candidate’s contribution to the visualisation of the AV work that he/she took part in.
Candidates demonstrate attainment of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the catalogue of standards of vocational knowledge and skills.
Providers of procedures for identifying and validating NVQs are entered in a register of providers maintained in the collection of the national information centre for vocational qualifications. These are: vocational schools, businesses, B2B training centres, adult education centres and chambers of commerce.
URLAwarding body URL:
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework Brdo Congress Centre, Predoslje 39, 4000...