|Name of qualification||Name of qualification: Pediker/pedikerkaAdd to comparison|
|Translated title (no legal status)||Translated title: Pedicurist|
|Type of qualification||Type of qualification: National vocational qualification, SQF level 5|
|Category of qualification||Category of qualification: Vocational Qualification|
Knowledge of anatomy and physiology, health protection, knowledge of skin and skin diseases specified in verified upper secondary technical (at least SQF 5) or higher education programmes (at least SQF 6) in the field of health or dentistry or cosmetics or pharmacy and demonstrated by the candidate on acquired knowledge and issued by verified providers of the aforementioned educational programmes.
|ISCED subfield||subfield: hair and beauty services|
The candidate is able to:
- plan and organize their own work and the work of employees,
- prepare the work space, select and use cosmetic products, accessories and appliances in accordance with the prescribed sanitary and health conditions,
- prepare yourself and your client for a pedicure service,
- to determine the client's wishes / needs, perform nail and foot examinations and, based on the findings, advise on the selection and implementation of the pedicure procedure,
- perform basic and special care of feet and natural nails,
- perform nail modeling and varnishing and painting of toenails,
- to care for and rehabilitate various skin conditions and phenomena on the skin and toenails with non-invasive procedures,
- advise clients in the selection and use of pedicure products and accessories,
- order and store material, make estimates and calculations of services,
- communicate in business, use professional terminology, use entrepreneurial skills and work in a team,
- lead a professional team, participate in it and monitor and supervise the work of employees in accordance with the adopted internal acts of the company, labor law and collective agreements (corporate collective agreements, collective bargaining agreement),
- ensure the quality of service, taking into account the principles of rational use of energy, time and materials,
- take care of your own and the client's safety and protect your health and the environment.
Verification and assessment are carried out by committees for the verification and validation of national vocational qualifications, appointed by the National Examination Centre (NEC). Committee members must be licensed by the National Examination Centre. Licences may be found here.
During the guidance process the candidate prepares a portfolio, which is assessed by a committee. If the portfolio submitted by the candidate contains authentic, valid and adequate proof of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the occupational standard, the committee may:
- validate the contents of the occupational standard in full,
- validate the contents of the occupational standard in part and define the knowledge, skills and competence to be verified,
- refuse to validate any of the contents of the occupational standard because the candidate has not provided proof of any of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the occupational standard, in which case it will verify the occupational standard in full.
Oral and practical assessment with oral defense.
Candidates demonstrate attainment of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the catalogue of standards of vocational knowledge and skills.
Providers of procedures for identifying and validating NVQs are entered in a register of providers maintained in the collection of the national information centre for vocational qualifications. These are: vocational schools, businesses, B2B training centres, adult education centres and chambers of commerce.
URLAwarding body URL:
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework Brdo Congress Centre, Predoslje 39, 4000...