Oblikovalec zvoka/oblikovalka zvoka
|Name of qualification||Name of qualification: Oblikovalec zvoka/oblikovalka zvokaAdd to comparison|
|Translated title (no legal status)||Translated title: Sound designer|
|Type of qualification||Type of qualification: National vocational qualification, SQF level 6|
|Category of qualification||Category of qualification: Vocational Qualification|
Arts and humanities
|ISCED subfield||subfield: audio-visual techniques and media production|
The candidates will be able to:
- Plan and organise their own work and work in a group in collaboration with the authors and in accordance with the draft concept/idea of the sound project;
- Ensure the quality and successfulness of their own work and follow professional developments in the field of sound design;
- Take into account the principles of rational use of energy, materials and time, and develop entrepreneurial characteristics, skills and behaviour;
- Perform the work in the manner as to not pose a threat to themselves and the environment;
- Communicate and establish a cooperative relationship with colleagues and clients;
- Use state-of-the-art information-communication technology, computer hardware and software;
- Draft a plan of a sound project;
- Record, process and edit sound(s);
- Shape the sonic image.
Verification and assessment are carried out by committees for the verification and validation of national vocational qualifications, appointed by the National Examination Centre (NEC). Committee members must be licensed by the National Examination Centre. Licences may be found here.
During the guidance process the candidate prepares a portfolio, which is evaluated by a committee. If the candidate has submitted authentic, valid and relevant proof of knowledge, skills and competences from the operational standard, the committee may:
- validate the contents of the occupational standard in full,
- validate the contents of the occupational standard in part and define the knowledge, skills and competence to be verified,
- refuse to validate any of the contents of the occupational standard because the candidate has not provided proof of any of the knowledge, skills and competences under the occupational standard, in which case it will verify the occupational standard in full.
The candidate prepares and then, as part of the assessment, defends a professional assignment, in which he/she describes and justifies the individual elements of the work of a sound designer. It is submitted to the commission in an appropriate format and on an appropriate medium (DVD, USB; electronic portal, etc.). The professional assignments:
- Up to a 10-min audio segment from the selected audio project,
- The description of the production process (concept of the project’s content, technical and staff plan, the list of the equipment and services used, the list of performers);
- An analysis of the term and staff plan with justifications of changes and results;
- A description of the adherence to the occupational work and safety, fire prevention and environmental protection regulations.
Candidates demonstrate attainment of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the catalogue of standards of vocational knowledge and skills.
Providers of procedures for identifying and validating NVQs are entered in a register of providers maintained in the collection of the national information centre for vocational qualifications. These are: vocational schools, businesses, B2B training centres, adult education centres and chambers of commerce.
URLAwarding body URL:
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework Brdo Congress Centre, Predoslje 39, 4000...