|Name of qualification||Name of qualification: Oblikovalec/oblikovalka osvetljaveAdd to comparison|
|Translated title (no legal status)||Translated title: Lighting Designer|
|Type of qualification||Type of qualification: National vocational qualification, SQF level 6|
|Category of qualification||Category of qualification: Vocational Qualification|
Arts and humanities
|ISCED subfield||subfield: audio-visual techniques and media production|
The candidates will be able to:
- Plan, prepare and control their own work and the work of the team in lighting design;
- Take into account the principles of rational use of energy, materials and time, and develop entrepreneurial characteristics, skills and behaviour;
- Perform the work in the manner as to not pose a threat to themselves and the environment;
- Communicate and establish a cooperative relationship with colleagues, with contracting authorities and clients;
- Ensure the quality and successfulness of their own work and follow professional developments in the field of lighting design;
- Examine the contents of the lighting project and draft a time plan for work;
- Draft a lighting concept in accordance with the requirements of the project;
- Prepare the final light placement plan;
- Lead and control the work of the lighting team.
Verification and assessment are carried out by committees for the verification and validation of national vocational qualifications, appointed by the National Examination Centre (NEC). Committee members must be licensed by the National Examination Centre. Licences may be found here.
During the guidance process the candidate prepares a portfolio, which is evaluated by a committee. If the candidate has submitted authentic, valid and relevant proof of knowledge, skills and competences from the operational standard, the committee may:
- validate the contents of the occupational standard in full,
- validate the contents of the occupational standard in part and define the knowledge, skills and competence to be verified,
- refuse to validate any of the contents of the occupational standard because the candidate has not provided proof of any of the knowledge, skills and competences under the occupational standard, in which case it will verify the occupational standard in full.
The candidate prepares and then – as part of the assessment – defends a professional assignment (lighting design project), in which he/she describes the individual elements constituting a lighting designer’s job. He/she submits the above in an appropriate format and on an appropriate medium (DVD, USB; electronic portal, etc.). The professional assignment includes:
- Up to 20 min in high-definition digital AV footage to be submitted to the commission in an appropriate format and on an appropriate medium (DVD, USB; electronic portal, etc.),
- Documented lighting plan,
- List of the lighting instruments used,
- Visualisation of typical views at the venue,
- Analysis of the time and staff plan,
- Description of how the regulations on occupational health and safety, fire protection security and environmental protection are being adhered to and ensured.
A candidate demonstrates the attainment of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the catalogue of standards of vocational knowledge and skills.
Providers of procedures for identifying and validating national vocational qualifications are entered in a register of providers maintained in the relevant collection of the National Reference Point for Occupational Qualifications. Providers include: vocational schools, companies, inter-company training centres, adult education centres, chambers of commerce, etc.
URLAwarding body URL:
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework Brdo Congress Centre, Predoslje 39, 4000...
© Center RS za poklicno izobraževanje, 2018. All rights reserved