Medijski arhivist / medijska arhivistka
|Name of qualification||Name of qualification: Medijski arhivist / medijska arhivistkaAdd to comparison|
|Translated title (no legal status)||Translated title: Media archivist|
|Type of qualification||Type of qualification: National vocational qualification, SQF level 6|
|Category of qualification||Category of qualification: Vocational Qualification|
Arts and humanities
|ISCED subfield||subfield: audio-visual techniques and media production|
The candidates will be able to:
- Plan and organise their own work and take part in the planning of the work of the group for the implementation of media archiving;
- Ensure the quality and successfulness of their own work and follow professional developments;
- Communicate with their co-workers and use state-of-the-art information-communication technology and software for archiving;
- Develop entrepreneurial traits, skills and behaviour, and ensure their own professional development;
- Take into account the principles of rational use of energy, materials and time, and develop entrepreneurial characteristics, skills and behaviour;
- Perform the work in a manner as to not to put themselves, property or the environment in jeopardy;
- Acquire sound, image, audio-visual and other contents on various types of media;
- Professionally process the materials and record data on the copyright for the use the materials;
- Make sure that the materials are stored on physical media for durable and integral storage;
- Ensure the availability of the materials and take part in making them available for use;
- Prepare the materials for digitalisation.
Verification and assessment are carried out by committees for the verification and validation of national vocational qualifications, appointed by the National Examination Centre (NEC). Committee members must be licensed by the National Examination Centre. Licences may be found here.
During the guidance process the candidate prepares a portfolio, which is evaluated by a committee. If the candidate has submitted authentic, valid and relevant proof of knowledge, skills and competences from the operational standard, the committee may:
- validate the contents of the occupational standard in full,
- validate the contents of the occupational standard in part and define the knowledge, skills and competence to be verified,
- refuse to validate any of the contents of the occupational standard because the candidate has not provided proof of any of the knowledge, skills and competences under the occupational standard, in which case it will verify the occupational standard in full.
The candidates prepare and then, as part of the assessment, defend a professional assignment, which they bring along to the assessment interview.
In the professional assignment, the candidates define, analyse and evaluate all of the phases of media archiving work. The candidates submit their professional assignment to the commission in an appropriate format and on an appropriate medium (DVD, USB; electronic portal, etc.). For the preparation of the professional assignment, the candidates choose (at least) one of the following topics (a more detailed description is given in the section on test assignments in item 11 of this catalogue):
Inventory of materials; or
Storage and material protection; or
Use, forwarding of materials, copying of materials and preparation of materials for digitalisation.
Candidates demonstrate attainment of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the catalogue of standards of vocational knowledge and skills.
Providers of procedures for identifying and validating NVQs are entered in a register of providers maintained in the collection of the national information centre for vocational qualifications. These are: vocational schools, businesses, B2B training centres, adult education centres and chambers of commerce.
URLAwarding body URL:
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework Brdo Congress Centre, Predoslje 39, 4000...