|Name of qualification||Name of qualification: Maniker/manikerkaAdd to comparison|
|Translated title (no legal status)||Translated title: Manicurist|
|Type of qualification||Type of qualification: National vocational qualification, SQF level 4|
|Category of qualification||Category of qualification: Vocational Qualification|
Knowledge of hand anatomy and physiology of the skin and skin diseases, which are determined by educational programmes at the level of at least SQF 4, in the field of hairdressing or cosmetics or health or pharmacy, and the candidate demonstrates evidence of completed modules or acquired knowledge issued by verified providers of those programmes.
|ISCED subfield||subfield: hair and beauty services|
The candidate is able to:
- plan and organize their own work,
- prepare the work space, cosmetic products, accessories and appliances in accordance with the prescribed sanitary and health conditions,
- prepare yourself and your client for a manicure service,
- identify the client's wishes / needs, perform nail and hand examinations and, based on the findings, advise on the selection and implementation of the manicure procedure,
- perform basic and special care for hands and natural nails,
- perform nail modeling, classical and permanent varnishing and nail painting,
- advise clients in choosing products and accessories for manicure,
- order and store material, make estimates and calculations of services,
- communicate in business, use professional terminology, use entrepreneurial skills and work in a team,
- to ensure the quality of services, while respecting the principles of rational use of energy, time and materials,
- take care of their own safety, the safety of the customer and protect health and the environment.
Verification and assessment are carried out by committees for the verification and validation of national vocational qualifications, appointed by the National Examination Centre (NEC). Committee members must be licensed by the National Examination Centre. Licences may be found here.
During the guidance process the candidate prepares a portfolio, which is assessed by a committee. If the portfolio submitted by the candidate contains authentic, valid and adequate proof of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the occupational standard, the committee may:
- validate the contents of the occupational standard in full,
- validate the contents of the occupational standard in part and define the knowledge, skills and competence to be verified,
- refuse to validate any of the contents of the occupational standard because the candidate has not provided proof of any of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the occupational standard, in which case it will verify the occupational standard in full.
METHODS OF VERIFICATION OF VOCATIONAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Practical assessment with oral defense.
At the assessment, the candidate provides the model for the practical demonstration of the service.
Candidates demonstrate attainment of the knowledge, skills and competences defined in the catalogue of standards of vocational knowledge and skills.
Providers of procedures for identifying and validating national vocational qualifications are entered in a register of providers maintained in the relevant database of the National Reference Point for Occupational Qualifications. Providers include: vocational schools, companies, inter-company training centres, adult education centres, chambers of commerce, etc.
URLAwarding body URL:
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework Brdo Congress Centre, Predoslje 39, 4000...