Magister inženir radiološke tehnologije/magistrica inženirka radiološke tehnologije
|Name of qualification||Name of qualification: Magister inženir radiološke tehnologije/magistrica inženirka radiološke tehnologijeAdd to comparison|
|Translated title (no legal status)||Translated title: Master of Science of Radiological Technology|
|Type of qualification||Type of qualification: Master’s degree|
|Category of qualification||Category of qualification: Educational Qualification|
|Type of education||Type of education: Master's education|
Duration of education:
|Credits||Credits: 120 credits|
Health and welfare
|ISCED subfield||subfield: medical diagnostic and treatment technology|
The student will be able to:
- analyse complex professional problems and synthesise appropriate solutions; participate constructively in an interdisciplinary team,
- demonstrate physical and radiobiological knowledge on which recent radiological diagnostic and therapeutic technologies are based,
- perform work in accordance with applicable legislation on protection from ionising radiation in diagnostic procedures, optimise radiation doses and evaluate the correctness of the use of ionising radiation from the point of view of risk and benefits for patients,
- demonstrate an integrated approach to quality assurance in the selected professional field,
- critically read and write scientific and professional texts,
- use quantitative and qualitative methods of data collection and analysis in concrete research problems,
- carry out research in own narrow professional field,
- demonstrate knowledge that enables use of modern information and communication technologies in the selected professional field,
- obtain and use information from various sources and monitor new development trends in radiological technology,
- demonstrate awareness of the importance of information security and the problems caused by the use of information and communication technologies in healthcare,
- demonstrate knowledge of recent theoretical concepts, approaches and modern forms of organisation, knowledge of processes in organisation and management tasks, knowledge of the importance of systems for the division of work and teamwork, knowledge of concepts for the development of total quality,
- acquire knowledge for the introduction of improvements and changes in the practice of radiological technology,
- undertake independent study in own professional field, demonstrate well-developed learning skills, demonstrate a positive attitude and sense of responsibility with regard to own learning, acquire and apply information from various sources; show awareness of the importance of lifelong learning,
- transfer knowledge to students of the first-cycle professional higher education programme in radiological technology,
- define necessary and optimal capacities of procedures and elements with regard to the desired quality of the radiological image,
- demonstrate knowledge of innovations in radiobiology,
- demonstrate knowledge in the field of protection from radiation and apply it in practice; demonstrate knowledge of the principles of protection from ionising radiation (justification, optimisation and limit values) in accordance with applicable legislation and international recommendations, and apply them in work with patients, keep up to date with domestic and international legislation in this field,
- analyse complex professional problems and synthesise appropriate solutions,
- ensure the quality of the technological part of diagnostic, interventional and therapeutic radiological procedures.
Examination performance is scored as follows: 10 (excellent); 9 (very good: above-average knowledge but with some mistakes); 8 (very good: solid results); 7 (good); 6 (adequate: knowledge satisfies minimum criteria); 5–1 (inadequate). In order to pass an examination, the candidate must achieve a grade between adequate (6) and excellent (10).
In order to enrol in the second year the student must obtain at least 50 ECTS credits. Exceptionally, the Studies Committee may approve the enrolment in the second year of a student who has achieved at least 40 ECTS credits in the first year.
Third-cycle doctoral study programmes (SQF level 10)
To complete their studies, students must meet all requirements for all subjects in which they have enrolled, and prepare and defend a master’s thesis.
University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Health Sciences
URLAwarding body URL:
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework
International Conference: 10 years of Slovenian Qualifications Framework Brdo Congress Centre, Predoslje 39, 4000...